2.5rs skip slow acceleration and backfire

bdsubaru

A while ago my car was doing this and it stopped. It will skip when cruising at 60 and the rpm will fluctuate rapidly. When I am at a light with brakes on it acts like it want to push me forward. When I put gas like 1/2 down it bogs and all of the sudden the car acts like it try to catch up and drive normal. I have replaces IAC, Igniter, Crank shaft sensor, Air intake, Just did water pump/ timing, spark plugs and wires. Need some help not sure what to look at next. Thanks

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Where are you located? We may be able to recommend a shop etc...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
your symptoms sure sound like vac problems. look closely for cracking around vac hose ends. a hose can look ok on the surface, but have cracking @ the ends where it slides over fittings, which can lead to all sorts of weird idling/running/backfiring issues. they're oftern intermittent, so you think you car has "cured itself" for a while and then sure as shit the probs come back.

it also sounds like you've had the car apart a number of times lately, double-check vac house routing and connex, there should be a diagram of lines and connex on sticker under the hood.

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
i can take a look at it tomorrow if you wanted to bring it to poland i have a car coming in the morning but should have the afternoon free 

bdsubaru

Thanks for the suggestions ill be sure to check  ill post what i find

Last edited by a moderator:

bdsubaru

Not the af sensor no vaccum leaks not the knock sensor.... dont know what else to do, could use some more suggestions.

i-wagon

Fighting the same issue on an explorer. Throttle position sensor helped this issue some. Could be Friggin anything the way these computers rely on sensors.

Check your plugs and wires?

Latest posts

Back