$200 winter beater! knock knock?

Vecken

just found a 99 outback 2.5 mt, $200 and all it needed was a battery to drive it home 90 miles. got a check engine code on the way back of P0325 rear knock sensor. is it the same as the front one? it flickers on and off occasionally but the car runs awesome either way. the past owner said its been like that for 2 years, i can't stand that little orange light however. should i swap it out? clean it? seafoam? surely someone here has had this little error. thanks.

ps. i need a rear hatch for a silver outback, this one has seen better days. will pay cash for a nice matching one.

Vecken

Do I necessarily need to go with new? I was quoted almost $70 to replace, half the time I swap sensors out with known good ones from other motors. Can it just be cleaned?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
The ebay ones work just fine too. Just get one on there for under $20, and replace it yourself. 

Vecken

cool thanks, hopefully it does not cause me any issues in the future, all fluids are sparkly clean, and good gas mileage so far from what i can tell. i was just curious if someone has a parts motor laying around i could snag a sensor from.

Spiller1327

I've got a 2.2 and a 2.5 laying around my basement with all the sensors that I believe were fine when we pulled the motors. I can pull it off and trade ya for a beer

Last edited by a moderator:

Vecken

So what knock sensors are compatible with this one? I'm just going to go to a junkyard and grab a couple and hope they are good. But I don't know which motors use the same sensor.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
dang...i wish i saw this before going into work yesterday... i could have looked up the knock sensor for your engine and then taken that part number and do a reverse lookup to see which cars use the same one...i would assume all ej25d would be the same?

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
alright, i called my work, any 2.5 dohc from 1999-2002 will work to give you an idea

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Justin there is not 2.5dohc in those years except for 02 turbo And 99 legacy.

Vecken

I don't know what sensor the one I got is from, but it worked! Just had to swap the connector. Car goes all vroom vroom now! Goodbye clutch.

Latest posts

Back