2000 Subaru Outback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I need to get rid of my Outback pretty quick so I'm hoping someone here will take it off my hands. I've had it just over a year and have replace quite a few parts here and there on it, but have mostly just used it as a commuter to get to work, school, and South Portland once a month. This thing has always started and never given me any real trouble, but I need to see it go so the wife can get a newer vehicle before spring 2014. Some people in the Bangor/Old Town are have probably seen it around, but i'll give some info on it.

The Good:

Starts everyday

Comfy seats

168k miles

5 Speed Manual transmission

Has Legacy shocks and struts with H&R springs. So yes its lowered, but its only 1" lower in the front than a stock legacy.

Headgaskets and timing belt kit was done 30k miles ago last year

It's a wagon so you can stuff all your kids, dogs, camping crap, booze or extra car parts in it with out issues.

Has good snow tires that made last winter a blast.

The Not so good:

168k miles

Squeaky TO bearing

Had a low speed accident that tweaked the passenger side rear door. Still works fine, just looks not very nice.

Currently has no rear sway bar, but I will include the huge 22mm one that used to be on it.

Has a varying caster issue that causes the steering to pull a bit. Im 99.9% positive its missing a conical washer under a strut mount

Little bit of rust at the top of the windshield.

If there is anything else someone would want to know about the car just ask, I wont try to hide anything. Ideally I'd like about $2400, but I will strongly consider reasonable best offers. Im in Old Town/Bangor/Brewer area but will be in South Portland occasionally.

SurlyOBS

That's funny you posted this and my car is posted for sale here so I can buy exactly what you are selling. I'm interested in it. You have PM.

SurlyOBS

Dibs!
default_smile.png

OutbackOmelet you have new PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back