2007 Forester XT Sports 5MT in South Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to do it, but the Forester has to go.  My wife and I are expecting another child, and we need a car one size bigger.  I owe $10,000 on the vehicle, so that's what it's going to take if you want the car.  As such, the price is firm.  Title is held by my local credit union.  I'm located in South Portland.     

Details:
-2007 Forester XT Sports
-5MT
-141,200 miles, but daily driven and going up.    
-Sunroof
-Heated Seats
-Subaru rubber hatch and floor mats
-New brake pads and rotors at all four corners (installed at130K miles)
-OEM 17x7" STi branded wheels w/Continental Extremecontact hi-po all-season tires with lots of tread life left

Modifications are thankfully minimal:
- WRX shocks and springs
- STi rear sway bar
- STi axle back exhaust
- Hidden foglights in the grille tied to OEM fog switch
- 04 FXT tail lights

The car runs great.  There's no rust, and it doesn't burn oil (shockingly).  I'm a nerd and I've tracked every tank of fuel I've put in the car over 11K miles, and I'm averaging 21.09mpg.  Mechanically, the car has no issues whatsoever, and it drives great.  Cosmetically, there are some bumper scuffs and minor door dings, but nothing major.  I'd give the exterior an 8/10.  I'd give the interior the same.  

The car's history as I know it: 
I bought the car on 08/02/2014 from Mini of Warwick in Warwick, Rhode Island with 130,279 miles.  I believe, based on the carfax, that I am the second owner.  I was told that the previous owner did a timing belt, water pump, valve job, and new clutch at 110K miles, but I have no way to confirm that.  The dealership put new pads and rotors on all the way around before my purchase.  

In the 9 months that I've owned the car, I've put about 11,000 miles on it.  The carfax was clean when I bought the car, and I've had no incidents of any kind in the car.  A significant portion of the miles are highway miles during my tenure of ownership, and I believe that's true of the previous owner based on the odometer readings on the Carfax.  Essentially, in 02/09/2012 the car had 68,442, and it had 130,279 when it was traded in to the dealership on 7/28/2014.  

I've fixed two small issues with the car, but they were both very minor: I replaced the driver's power window regulator, and I swapped out a bad sensor on the driver's side TGV.  Both repairs were done by me in the driveway.  Otherwise, I've done nothing but change the oil and keep it clean, and I've had no trouble with it.  The only modification I've done to the car is to swap out the tail lights for the 03-05 red tails.  You get both sets with the purchase.     

I'll try to post some more pictures soon.

Okay, as promised (but a day late), here are some interior pics.  I removed the rubber mats to show the carpet, but you'll see that I threw them all in the hatch along with the roof rails (all included).  I'm keeping the shift knob in the pics, but I'll put the original shift knob back on once I dig it out of the box in the basement.  Also, the little black disk next to the radio on the dash is a magnet for my bluetooth module.  It's just held on by double sided tape, so I'll pop that off before the sale.

Here are some more photos for the buyer, as promised. 

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/projectrally/media/DSC02142.jpg.html[/URL]
DSC02144.jpg

And here are the close ups of the scuffs on the bumpers

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back