A 450-hp BRZ STi you Say? I say, "Why, YES Pleez!"

But would you pay $40k for it? That is about where I think it would fall. For about $8k you can take a current BRZ and be pushing 350 whp, with parts that are lighter then what the factory would put in.

At this point it would become another Mustang once stability control is turned off. The rearend will want to be in front.

smelt240

I always felt that my STi forgery 04 WRX would be killer as a rwd. I love AWD, but something about clutch kicking a fairly big hp  RWD that can rev and stay revved does it for me. Ive always been into swapped 240SX's for that reason.... I need to go for a ride in a BRZ, It looks like the next best (or dare I say better?) thing to a 240 for me. Most (not all) people I know with STi's park them in the winter anyway. Id like to see a retro fitted BRZ with a T66 and a giant fuel system, with a ridiculously light flywheel, ignorantly loud exhaust and intake, and an on/off clutch.   My only problem with the whole thing, is it doesn't seem "Subaru-y" to me. Much more 370Zish....  A look around my yard, and youd know that I love them all though. Send one my way, Ill tell you what (if anything) is wrong with it in a month or so....

You can easily kick the clutch in a stock BRZ and have it sideways on the stock tires. It also tracks sideways from a stop with proper throttle input.

I will say the biggest problem 90% of subaru people have with the BRZ is the stiff ride. While the handling characteristics are awesome it is a bit on the rough side this time of the year. Short and stiff suspension is the reason. I think the rear struts are just over 12" long.

Latest posts

Back