Furious 7

Saturday
April 11th

Southern Maine:

Westbrook Cinemagic

Northern Maine:

Bangor Cinema 10

Hey everyone!

For our annual meet this year, we have decided to combine all of the Subaru clubs throughout Maine and create one big meet!

We will be meeting the night of Saturday, April 11th and will be going to see the new Furious 7!

Since we have such a broad location of members we have also decided to hold this meet at two locations. One of the locations will be for Southern Maine members, at the Westbrook Cinemagic. The other location will be for the Northern Maine members, at the Bangor Cinema 10, by the Bangor Mall.

We will meet up approximately one hour before the showtime, so we can all show up, park together, talk some cars, and then head on into the theater for the movie!

It would be really great to get as many Subaru enthusiasts together as we possibly can!

So invite all of your subie friends and let's make this Maine's biggest Subaru meet EVER!

Showtimes will be posted when it comes closer to the date!

Hope to see many of you there!

Please let any of the moderators know if you have any questions about anything!

- Matt, Nate, Justin, Sam, Jake, Archie, Ed

injulen

What planning has gone into the logistics of this? I'd hate to see the theaters sell out and not everyone gets to see the movie.

Elfie

Well since we'll all be arriving an hour early we can go in and get our tickets once we arrive. That or we could order tickets online if you wanted to. Many people, I am sure, will be going to see the movie either opening night or opening weekend also, so the theaters should not be as packed. Figuring out tickets can be done once the movie is released and it gets closer to the show date.

injulen

Okay just checking on what you'd thought out so far.

I did go to both theater's websites and didn't see any option for advanced ticketing nor was the option for that available on Fandango.

I just hope a week after release is enough time to have passed to get a large group in together during the busiest showtimes of the week for one of the biggest releases out. I've never personally been to either of those theaters though so your firsthand knowledge might differ but I know Regal in Augusta would be swamped.

Matt

I think they'll release the show times at least a week in advance. As long as people pay attention and I'll be reminding everyone via the site and fb to preorder your tickets so we can all attend as a group. I'm sure there will be multiple theaters as well so keep that in mind. I think a week after the release date might be fine.

We've also invited a few other subaru groups as well to enjoy the movie. Big ole'subaru bash with good people.

Jamey

Considering the amount of people that may come perhaps you should look into renting the room . This will probably sell out very quickly specially being a sat and the last ff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renting the room isn't the smartest move, basically comes down to what happens if nobody shows up or pays. If someone wants to attend then they should make the effort to get the ticket for the showtime setup for the meet. That is my opinion on it.

I'm still debating which one I am going to. If I go to Bangor I'm taking my truck, 2 hours on studded tires is not what I want to do and I'm not ready for summer tires on the BRZ quite yet.

Jamey

You have rent it before the day you go.. get the money from people before hand . It's going to be a shit show trying to get tickets and get everyone together. Just my opinion.

Matt

As long as everyone pre-buys a ticket they shouldn't have an issue. There's no way I can afford to rent a theatre. Club makes exactly 0 dollars.

injulen

If the plan is to have everyone pre-purchase ahead of time on their own, maybe just mention that in the postings about it. That does makes sense and while it may seem obvious to you guys, telling everyone that that is the plan will help a lot.

Just say something like "Buying tickets to the movie is your own responsibility and since this is a Saturday night showing for a blockbuster film there is a chance it will fill up quick. Try and pre-order your tickets as soon as possible, waiting until the night of the meetup might mean you don't get in with the rest of us."

Matt

Coming up next weekend. Keep an eye on the website for the movie so you can prebuy a ticket. Not sure how busy it'll be but its worth the time to make sure you'll get in.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
this weekend was hellish! Lady wanted to see Insurgent, showtime was changed so we watched Furious 7 instead, barely had enough tickets left.

Latest posts

Back