another 05 Legacy GT

Industry

Well I guess this is just a placeholder for the moment. I need to compile a list of mods. I suppose we should start with a photo of when I first got it home, Almost a year ago.

Pottle

I got extremely lucky finding it for sale. I've been debating on selling it. I keep going back and forth.

Industry

So after owning the car for a few days I had my mechanic give it a look. Turns out I had a torn intake. So I replaced it with a GMS red one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Industry

I have found during my ownership that this rings true. "One "owns" an LGT in much the same way one "owns" a hooker: She's really the one in charge, and to get her to do the stuff you want her to do, it's gonna cost you. Each, and every time."

Pottle

Mine is my bitch. Ha ha

I'm outta the phase of driving like an asshole but I do sometimes shift high. Ha ha. My son loves the car.

Industry

Well, we did little to the car but drive it, until I had a Major issue. Cylinder 3 and 4 misfires. compression test was done and I had 90psi in cylinder 4. It was then that i learned what the shortblock club is, and that I was about to become a member. Fortunately for me I have an excellent Mechanic and a very Understanding Wife.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

so after a bunch of searching Started buying parts. All Genuine Subaru Gaskets, 11mm Sti oil pump, Sti heat treated crank, Sti Pistons, King Main and Crank bearings Full gates timing kit with new water pump, block was machined and the heads were checked over completely. We added an Sti catless Up-pipe and Cnt Catless DP. we swapped out the stock dual mass flywheel for a F1 racing 14# flywheel meant for an 06 wrx, paired with an Exedy stage 1 clutch.

When we looked at the Vf-40 that comes stock it appeared to have a bit of shaft play. that and the fact that the Vf-40 has a poor reputation for reliability led me to pick up a Vf-52 from a 2013 wrx with 15k miles on it. Of course, all these things made a tune necessary. Granite state Dyno came through with a base tune to get the break in done. Got the car back together and drove it. was having a few issues with low idle and low oil pressure after my initial break in period. At 750mi I developed rod knock. back to the shop it went. the motor was broken back down and hot tanked again. it turns out that my oil pickup had failed and I was sucking air along with my oil. My builder Took care of EVERYTHING related to the failure. after the motor was reassembled I changed the oil at 100, 500, and 1k miles. since then it has run flawlessly.

To be continued....

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i am a tier 4 shortblock club member.... hopefully never get to tier 5. we'll see what forged pistons do for me lol

Industry

Here's a somewhat recent photo. Finally got the tune finished. Had trouble with the knock sensor freaking out, so I had GSD leave it at 15psi. Still made 257whp, and 277wtq.

Latest posts

Back