Anyone have an input on ATP stock location turbo's?

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I've heard that they're pretty good especially with the Garrett internals. One thing you may want to be concerned with is supporting modifications. First off being the motor as I know all too well. You will definitely want forged pistons, at least, with a gt30 turbine. You'll also need bigger fuel injectors and a dw65 pump or equivalent. I would also consider a high flow downpipe to make use of the extra flow from that turbo. also don't forget a tune.

There is so much that should be done before putting a bigger turbo on these cars than most expect, unless of course you have already taken care of those things. The stock pistons especially. Ask me how i know.

It's not as simple as throwing on a turbo and calling it good. If you want the fun to last, make sure you do it right the first time.

Haha, I just read your intro thread so it looks like you're already going in the right direction. I would highly suggest the following: forged pistons(stock rods are pretty good, but if you can afford Eagle rods that's like 400 or $500), fuel injectors and fuel pump and tune.

And last but not least, welcome aboard!

Lezbaru

Thank you for the thoughtful response.

I've read mixed reviews on simply building these blocks, so I cant quite decide if I am better off going with a pre-built block, or pulling my block, sleeving it and then building it. I have absolutely no experience with Subaru's, however I've had multiple 400-550whp cars.

I started a build thread: http://www.mainelysubarus.com/forums/topic/15601-tabers-2014-wrx-hatch/

But I already have:
Currently I have installed:
-Cobb SF Intake
-Cobb Stage 1+ SF Software
-Kartboy SSK & Bushing Kit

I have in my garage, waiting to be installed:
-Invidia Q300 Catback
-Invidia DP with HFC
-Tomei Headers w/ uppipe combo
-Perrin Top Mount Intercooler
-Tein coilovers

-GFB BOV/DV

I just ordered a clutch yesterday. I really want to get the above installed, and then get down to either Kinetics or Granite State for a custom tune, as obviuosly the Cobb OTS tune will be insufficient for me. I want to figure out injectors, pump, etc. with whoever I'm going to be using for tuning.

I just cant seem to find any reviews on the ATP - Subaru GT30xx turbo "kits". I always used to shy away from ATP because A LONG time ago there quality was pretty meh ... but we're talking 8-10 years ago.

Latest posts

Back