Attention Andy Smith, and all those who downshift in Solo2.

ralli

That just goes on top of the other day when I was trying to tell Andy not to shift at one of the last events.. he dowshifted like 3 times....

From keith Casey on that...

Keep it in 2nd. Every up shift is 3/10ths of a second loss (verified by data loggers). It may not feel like you're accelerating quickly, but the slow spots are the exact time to be going slow, and not fast. Just make sure you take the shortest line possible in some of these sections.

--kC
I do think I beat Andy by more than 9/10ths of a second that day though... ;D jk

Trainable

Not to mention trying to be smooth and first gear in the 2.5 WRX just don't mix. The car's response to throttle is sudden and extreme to say the least. That has encouraged me to stay away from the gear more than anything.

ruggedman

That just goes on top of the other day when I was trying to tell Andy not to shift at one of the last events.. he dowshifted like 3 times....

From keith Casey on that...

Keep it in 2nd. Every up shift is 3/10ths of a second loss (verified by data loggers). It may not feel like you're accelerating quickly, but the slow spots are the exact time to be going slow, and not fast. Just make sure you take the shortest line possible in some of these sections.

--kC
I do think I beat Andy by more than 9/10ths of a second that day though... ;D jk
I did have to shift one less time than i was...but my fastest still incorperated 2 shifts.

Trainable

So this fixed your boost issues? This would explain why you were having the same complaints as I was with my boost happy tune >
default_smile.png

katnip

the car is black. I swear
spool, what's that!????!?!?!?!

N/A torque and low end grunt RULEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >
default_biggrin.png
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back