"Blacky" - Meg32's '96 Impreza Brighton 1.8L

MMMayo

My first Subaru was a '96 flat black outback sport, "Guy", who passed away and was replaced with "Blacky". Blacky was given to me as an anniversary/college graduation present from 99obs in May 2011 and was my first ever manual. Ever since then, Blacky has earned lots of respect and love... she's the best car I've ever called my own in my 8+ years of driving many sh*t boxes, including a cavalier and a neon.. and a '90 240sx, who I miss, but she was severely rotten.

Back to the story at hand. Here's pictures of Blacky's progressions through her 2 years of happiness with me... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

I would like to thank my very soon-to-be husband, Rob (99obs), in the making of this awesomeness. None of this would exist without him. Thank you, babe! Love my car!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
They have some 1.8 GC Imprezas at Team O'Neil as school cars. People are often amazed how well they go. Perfectly suited to school's mission of "learning how to drive slow cars fast." And it's utterly unbelievable how well they stand up to constant pounding.

Nigel votes 2 thumbs up.

MMMayo

They have some 1.8 GC Imprezas at Team O'Neil as school cars. People are often amazed how well they go. Perfectly suited to school's mission of "learning how to drive slow cars fast." And it's utterly unbelievable how well they stand up to constant pounding.

Nigel votes 2 thumbs up.
Yes - She loves being beat up and she has never fought back! It's a great car to learn how to do fun things, like drift in snow and rallycross. She's the best!!
default_smile.png

Spiller1327

Hopefully if all goes as planned, it will have snail power this fall
Not worth the hassle! Those 1.8s will go forever with standard oil changes. As soon as you snail power that thing with whatever motor u put in it the Subaru gods will smite you and the car will be doomed! I have a love hate relationship with my rex

Rmayo

Not worth the hassle! Those 1.8s will go forever with standard oil changes. As soon as you snail power that thing with whatever motor u put in it the Subaru gods will smite you and the car will be doomed! I have a love hate relationship with my rex
I think it's a shame it isn't turboed already.. The 1.8 was good for her to learn on, but she needs more now

Latest posts

Back