Disconnect Security System?

Nicklaus220

My keyless entry broke, poor soldering to hold the battery in place. Everytime I try to unlock my car with my key and pull the door handle the car alarm loves to go off for a good minute. Therefore I want the security system disconnected completely so I can just lock and unlock my car manually. Plus im leaving for a road trip on the 18th so I need to figure out something quick. Anyone got any ideas??

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
there is this quaint item in your glovebox that might be quite helpful here...it's called the Owner's Manual

j/k, j/k...but not really. there's a whole chapter in there about how to deal with security system programming and troubleshooting glitches.

replace the remote is another option.

to remove system entirely and go back to old fashioned lock w.key ....security module lives under kick panel above and to left of clutch pedal area. unplug module, reconnect two large white connectors (1 in, 1 out) so the lock switches in your doors still work and you're good to go. fair warning, there's a lotta wiring up under there! and if you don't recoonect those 2 main ones, car will not run at all due to starter interlock. older cars have a bypass/reset button under dash, not sure about bugeye era wrxes.

Latest posts

Back