Distracted driver causes head-on Augusta collision driving a new WRX

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Anyone know this kid? I found his FB, apparently drives a brand new WRX he just bought on June 27th and was following a bit too close to the cars in front of him... Sucks, poor WRX! Glad he's okay though.

AUGUSTA — A head-on crash Tuesday afternoon bruised one driver and a broke the leg of another.

Tyler Poulin, 19, of Farmington, was driving north on Civic Center Drive in a Subaru WRX at 5 p.m. Tuesday when he swerved into the oncoming lane to avoid cars stopped in front of him, according to Augusta police Sgt. Christopher Shaw.

Shaw said Poulin was following too close and was distracted when the vehicles in front of him stopped. Poulin struck a Ford Focus driven by Tracy Pushard, 26, of Belgrade. The head-on crash, in the area of Bean's Barber Shop, totaled both cars.

Shaw said the crash was not a result of construction in the area.

Poulin was transported to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston because he was thought to have a broken pelvis, Shaw said, but his actual injuries were bruises.

Pushard initially was taken to MaineGeneral Medical Center but later was moved to Central Maine Medical Center to be treated for a broken leg.
http://www.kjonline.com/news/Augusta-police-EMS-respond-to-Outer-Civic-Center-Drive-head-on-crash.html

scubiecraig

Man that sucks.  To just get such a nice car, and ruin it completely.  Not to mention, he could have hurt that other driver a lot worse than a broken leg.  I am glad to hear nothing was too serious though.

scubiecraig

Wow, they are lambasting him.  Didn't read all those comments initially.  I do hope she (and her unborn child) are ok.

Latest posts

Back