Fine knock learn; How much is normal?

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Driving from my house to my girlfriends (6ish miles, car at operating temp, stg.2 91) I logged -4.2 to +.3 overall. -1.8 to -2.2 cruising between 2k and 2.5k and it drops to 0.0 while cruising above 2.5k or accelerating.

Anything to be worried about? Whats happening?

Thanks guys

WashmyScooby

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's happening under WOT. It's probably just picking up some engine noise or something. Cobb Stage 2 maps are pretty safe. I could run the 93 octane map on 91 octane fuel and still see no knock. If it starts knocking consistently under load while boosting, then Houston, you might have a problem.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
what bill said. while cruising, and low rpm, the car isn't under a lot of load unless you mash the throttle. like he said, the sensors are probably picking up other engine noise, and if i recal right, you have a ton of miles on your engine.

jojo69

+1 to above statements. And you could always post on nasioc and ask Bill from Cobb (if you haven't already). 

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I try to! I hate huge national forums, loads of douchebags and idiots. Ill stick with Mainely.

Good to know though, i must of just never noticed any before. Thanks again guys

roadtrip1098

As long as it's not misfire cyl 4 you're probably okay. Knock sensors pick up a lot of stuff.  There's a few threads on nasioc that are useful, like Unabombers Manifesto, that's pretty much Subie gold.

Latest posts

Back