Future Group Meets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter

Administrator
Hello everyone. Now that this year is over half over, I have been able to see that the only group meets that attract people are the southern group meets. Our meets in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick have an extremely low turn out if any at all. There have been times where only staff members have attended. This is why we eliminated Augusta from the mix.

At this point I think it is best that we now focus on having our meets in the Portland, South Portland, Westbrook, and Scarborough areas. This would not affect the Bangor meets that Garrett and Justin plan.

I wouldn't mind hearing feedback on this.

Industry

Damn.
default_frown.gif

Carter

Administrator
haha, Damn isn't much for feedback.

I am very puzzled at the turnout with Auburn meets which I believe would be closer to where you are. We have a lot of members in the Lewiston/Auburn area and I don't understand why they don't come to the L/A meets. They have no problem attending our South Portland meets. 

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator

I am very puzzled at the turnout with Auburn meets which I believe would be closer to where you are. We have a lot of members in the Lewiston/Auburn area and I don't understand why they don't come to the L/A meets. They have no problem attending our South Portland meets. 
Probably because they all work wednesday nights.... like me

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
I'd have been there had it not been for trying to track down the Almighty Dollar. So, your saying all future meets will be in Portland or Bangor areas? Great! Both about an hour away for me! Oh well, it isn't that big a deal I guess, at least we're not having mandentory meetings every other week in Alagash village, right?

Probably because they all work wednesday nights.... like me
+1 Friday nights or Saturday evenings wouldn't be better? Hell! A bring your own stuff to grill and drink annual weekend party at a members house, I got a fair charge if flat lawn......just sayn

Carter

Administrator
Friday nights would not work. Restaurants are packed and the last thing I personally want to do is go to a Subaru meet. I am sure others feel the same way. Wednesday nights are most restaurants slow time. 

We did a weekend meet and turnout was OK. But just OK. It was requested and we did it but a lot of people back out at the last minute.

Industry

I understand.  I don't really have a valid argument for meets in Augusta.  I'm only 1 for 3 when it comes to get togethers as of tonight. I wish I had an answer on attendance. It was nice to meet other members in person. Having the meets in Portland doesn't mean I definitely can't make, but it will make it more difficult.  I'm just one member though.  You hav to do what makes the most sense for everyone. 

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Why I is there no edit available when I post from my phone!?!? Of! Of! flat lawn, not if! This kind of thing puts my OCD into full freak. Lol

Carter

Administrator
Why I is there no edit available when I post from my phone!?!? Of! Of! flat lawn, not if! This kind of thing puts my OCD into full freak. Lol
There is edit using the mobile version. You can always use the full version on your phone to make it easier.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
There is edit using the mobile version. You can always use the full version on your phone to make it easier.
Afraid not, not with my phone anyway, on neither full or the mobile version, just took a screen shot but also have no way to attach pics, so I'll post it up from home later

Meyagi

I'm a hack
both auburn and brunswick are an hour away for alura and i, and we have been at the last few in both those locations, with about 4-5 other members total. portland area meets are 20-30 people every time. it just makes sense at this point to stick with portland. the weekend meet we had at my place had over 50 rsvp's and maybe 20 people showed up. why should we do meets at all if people ask for more meets/weekend meets, and then just flake out anyways?

Alura

I dont necessarily think that we should eliminate the L/A meets right off. Only because we do have a lot of members in that area. However, if the next meet has just as low attendance as this last one, maybe we should consider that as well. I know that some people have a hard time coming to the monthly meets because of work, but there are a lot of people that say "yes i'm coming" and dont show up. Unfortunately this makes the club look bad because the mods have to call in advance and tell them how many people are coming. And when places do things special for us because we expect a high turnout, and we don't get one.. that reflects badly. There are places we can't go anymore because of that. That being said, I think eliminating Brunswick and replacing that with more southern maine meets, is a good idea. 

+1 Friday nights or Saturday evenings wouldn't be better? Hell! A bring your own stuff to grill and drink annual weekend party at a members house, I got a fair charge if flat lawn......just sayn
We just did that, less than a month ago. I planned it, bought and made TONS of food, and more then half of people backed out. After demanding a weekend meet. 

Matt

Tonight's meal was 8 bucks. Pretty cheap actually and generally I don't spend more than say 15 bucks. I made the drive from Saco all the way to auburn tonight to find myself, two other mods, BMW bill, Nikki and her little boy. Little stein and his two friends, Mikey and a husband and wife, sorry I didn't get your name. Weak compared to last months where we had almost 30 show up. We obviously want to include everyone but when we move the meets all around the state and no one ever feels like driving out of Portland area it basically forces our hand to cater to what's best. A Westbrook, Portland , South Portland , Saco meet appears to be what the group wants.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
both auburn and brunswick are an hour away for alura and i, and we have been at the last few in both those locations, with about 4-5 other members total. portland area meets are 20-30 people every time. it just makes sense at this point to stick with portland. the weekend meet we had at my place had over 50 rsvp's and maybe 20 people showed up. why should we do meets at all if people ask for more meets/weekend meets, and then just flake out anyways?
Well, you have got to figure that a certain percentage of people will flake out no mater what. Is this a particularly high percentage in this group? What does that say about the group as a whole? What demographic analysis could be taken, that the percentage could be made to be as small as possible? Is it the average age? Is it the personality of someone who drives a flat 4? These questions are beyond my ability to answer. However I have seen this behaviour increasing as of late, and I find it most disheartening.

End of rant.

I dont necessarily think that we should eliminate the L/A meets right off. Only because we do have a lot of members in that area. However, if the next meet has just as low attendance as this last one, maybe we should consider that as well. I know that some people have a hard time coming to the monthly meets because of work, but there are a lot of people that say "yes i'm coming" and dont show up. Unfortunately this makes the club look bad because the mods have to call in advance and tell them how many people are coming. And when places do things special for us because we expect a high turnout, and we don't get one.. that reflects badly. There are places we can't go anymore because of that. That being said, I think eliminating Brunswick and replacing that with more southern maine meets, is a good idea. 

That's why you make it a bring your own stuff kind of event

We just did that, less than a month ago. I planned it, bought and made TONS of food, and more then half of people backed out. After demanding a weekend meet. 

dsmith

weird that no one showed up to that meet. it seems like the only people to ever get "spotted" are in auburn or that area.

Carter

Administrator
I am not sure why people flake out last minute. It could be they forget? Last minute plans? Just don't want to go? 

The club is made up of many different types of people, both male female, young old, all over the state.

weird that no one showed up to that meet. it seems like the only people to ever get "spotted" are in auburn or that area.
Good point! There were a few Subarus that passed by tonight too.

Alura

we understand people flake. we count for that. I still stick with my original statement of only getting rid of Brunswick for now. 

and if we had it as a bring your own meal event, there would be no food. because like i said almost everyone bailed. So the mods would still wind up spending the money to pick up the slack. AND if people aren't willing to drive 5 minutes down the road, what makes you think they want to drive all the way to someones house?? And what about winter? Anybody wanna open their house up to 30 people? I just think it's a little unrealistic. Bottom line, most of the members that attend are in southern maine. 

Tyler

Did I miss a meet tonight?! Sorry. I've been real busy at work and had plans tonight anyway. I did however forget to check where the meet was this month. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back