Good Exhaust Shops in waterville/augusta/surrounding areas?

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Looking to get a custom mid-pipe on my Q300 exhaust because it's not really as loud as I want it to be. Any good recommended exhaust shops in the area that could do a quality custom mid-pipe job for me?

Thanks guys!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
any exhaust shop should be able to cut out the resonator and weld in new pipe of the same length and diameter

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
any exhaust shop should be able to cut out the resonator and weld in new pipe of the same length and diameter
Yeah, I spoke with Midas and they said they can do it but not with quality metal and that it would probably end up rusting off, and VIP won't touch it because they don't want to get in trouble helping modify an aftermarket exhaust to make it even 'louder'.. So... Any other suggestions?
default_tongue.png

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Sounds like that vip is full of jackasses who dont want business IMO

Ill second meyagi though

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Sounds like that vip is full of jackasses who dont want business IMO

Ill second meyagi though
I agree, since when doesn't VIP want to make money!? They do it everytime someone brings in a car for inspection..."oh, your brake lines are bad...blah blah blah"

I agree with Meyagi as well.

Maybe try to source the steel, probably 304 stainless? and then have someone cut and weld for you

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I agree, since when doesn't VIP want to make money!? They do it everytime someone brings in a car for inspection..."oh, your brake lines are bad...blah blah blah"

I agree with Meyagi as well.

Maybe try to source the steel, probably 304 stainless? and then have someone cut and weld for you
Whoever said they wouldent do it; to be quite honest, was probably just thinking of the angry customer returning after they see the hackjob welds. on a expensive aftermarket exhaust. I steer way clear of auto places like vip, pep boys, etc.

Latest posts

Back