Grounding ?

stainless

Any one put on A grounding kit on thier car?

Anyone made one.

I was thinking about making one out of stereo parts.

any imput?

S

silver bqqst.

I've heard it actually DOES give you more power. I even heard that it was proven on the dyno.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
My RS has the hyperground system installed. Tho, it was installed by the previous owner, don't think the car was dyno'd to check results.

K

D

Dizastical

We put one on Jeffs STI (MESTI) and it made 4 HP and a few foot pounds of torque too .

Dave

D

Dizastical

We can take a pic of the grounding mod kit at the dyno day . Then post it with each grounding point .

Dave

stainless

nice!

what suplys did you use? where did you get em/ how much?

a pic of the conesction points or a drwaing would be great.

do you notice anything smoother start up quicker accel from dead stop?

thanks.

Runnah

I bought one while in a drunken haze off ebay.

I have yet to install it due to my painful ineptness involving anything electrical.

But it does have a pretty red casing
default_biggrin.png

chris.j

lol stainless....

I used 4/8 ga wiring, standard crimp ends, and heatshrink tubing. I will post pics shortly, the wife wants to see too. It may be running more smoothly, just about to take it for a longer drive to get her opinion. I did notice a drop in the resistance measured on the manifold, but who knows how good the replication of the measurement was... Anywho, better than stock.

I took 4 ga from the battery to the top of the manifold. All 8 ga came off of there, there were four. One to the alternator bracket, one to the oil stick mount, can't remember the others off the top of my head. I will post pics...

katnip

I can get pics of mine, but I am still in the dark ages so I don't have a digital camera. I know, I know. But I have a nice 35 and to get one like in in ditigal would cost money I'd rather spend on the RS. I will tkae some ans scan them, tho.

Kathy

katnip

Ok bear with my I know jack about wiring.

The hyperground on the RS runs like this. Three connections from the negative post on battery. one runs to the DS strut housing, there is also a small black wire connect there as well that runs to the wiring harness on the firewall. One runs to the starter. One runs to the radiator brace above the DS headlight. Another runs from the starter to the PS strut housing. Another from the starter runs to PS manifold.

And that's it boys! I means diddle to me, but there it is. Tooks pics will post tomorrow if anyone is still interested.

kathy

chris.j

Well, I think the particulars of where you ground are not important, just that you make a better than stock/oem ground. What needs good grounds, well anything electrical of course! So, place your grounds close to anything of importance. Alternator, and strut are probably good starting points. Not to mention the factory grounding points. I would post the pics that I took, but I left the camera in the car and am lazing it up here. I will post tomorrow, promise
default_biggrin.png

chris.j

I only did three grounds. Going to add a 4ga going to the strut tower, was thinking of a bus bar coming from the battery and linking into that, but where to place it.... oh the dilemma.

As promised:

Car_Pics_001.sized.jpg

Car_Pics_002.sized.jpg

Car_Pics_003.sized.jpg

Latest posts

Back