Hello Versa!!

WRXav8r

Gone now is the XT and in it's place a super fuel efficient Nissan Versa S, 1.8Litres of Fury and a 6Spd

dscn0854.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

dscn0855.jpg

Evan

that things sweet. now all it needs is to be lower and some wide 15's, then it would be awesome.

gtirandysand1.jpg

something like these, but preferably not $1300/set. :
default_smile.png

R

rallyXcramps

I've been thinking about the Toyota Yaris hatch. 40+ something mpg. It is a bit tall and goofy looking, but interesting. It would be wicked if it was lowered, but who makes lowering springs for a Yaris?!?!

I really like the 06 Honda Civic coupe. 40+mpg and its low and sleek like Hondas always have been, and still somewhat cheap$ for the performance.

I like the 6 speed of the Versa but looks haven't grown on me yet.

No way - no thanks - on the Honda Fit, pure uglyness!

mikebike357

NIce! Looks sorta like the Nissan Micra that we rented in Italy 2 or 3 years ago. Of course, that was only a 5 speed....

I like the honda fit. But I priced one and it came to $19k!!! It was the VTEC w/ big rims, sport exhaust, etc... pimped to the core yo!

WRXav8r

I drove them all.... the Nissan had the best ride and was the most fun... secondly it was the biggest inside and the least expensive... $14,305 with power package (windows,doors,keyless) it also has the highest HP. I got 32 mpg on my first tank. the yaris claims the 40 but according to popular internet rumors (the real facts.. LOL) most people get closer to the low 30s. so it's a trade off... I drive 75-80 on the highway and very much like the 32 I confirmed with it.

Evan

that 75-80 is probably what killed the mpg. that 40+ rating was probably taken at like 50-75. it takes exponentially more hp (something that car probably does not have a lot of) to cruise at higher speeds like that, and hence, more gas.

mikebike357

I went on the Nissan site and did the side by side comparison w/ the Fit... the Versa is by far the better deal. More HP, lots more room, lower price tag, better mileage. The Fit only has a 10 gallon gas tank! I think the Versa was like 12. Plus you get that 6 speed manual. Hmmm...

If I had more than a 5 minute commute to work... i'd probably get something more efficient... but for now the 23mpg is ok. Only have to fill up once every two weeks, if that.

WRXav8r

the Versa is a cavern on the inside compared to the others... I'm not a small person and I fit "well" in the back seat... It's fairly deceptive from the looks.

R

rallyXcramps

The internet rumors are that the 06 civic gets better mpg than the Fit.

WRXav8r

when Ira bought our BMW store here in NH they did the same thing... fired almost everyone and replaced them with cheap labor... and we continue to reap the benifits... I am getting a lot of walk ins that started looking at the BMW but left there because of the way they were treated...

CN: Bad Dealers make Good Dealers sell more....

R

rallyXcramps

when Ira bought our BMW store here in NH they did the same thing... fired almost everyone and replaced them with cheap labor...

R

rallyXcramps

We test drove a 06 Yaris the other day. Its a sad car. Well, it handles pretty good. No power once you shift into 2nd. It supposidly has more power than my Golf, it doesn't. Fit and finish is surpisingly good for a cheap box. Seats front and rear are comfy. Center guages and no tach was a big turn off. My wife liked it. I might give it a second look if my Golf craps out.

Sat in a 06 Versa. Didn't like much about it at all. Back seats are like rocks.

Sat in a 06 Civic coupe, kids heads were hitting the ceiling. We'll try a 4 door someday.

I'm waiting til the navelty of the cheap-o gas sippers wears off to see if Subaru, VW, or someone can bring some performance and comfort and High mpg and a cheap price to the table. Prices are way off of what is reported on line.

WRXav8r

I agree about the rear seat... my philosophy is ... If you don't like the ride back there... buy your own damn car...

as a counter point.. did you drive the Versa? at least there is adult room in the rear seats.

Back