Ice racing on Sabattus lake

smelt240

Driving down 126 yesterday, spotted a 240SX with numbers cranking across the ice. So on the way back from Lewiston, they were still there.  Turns out there was an ice race out there, huge track, lots of corners. They said next Sunday is studded snows day.  Im pretty sure its an "organized" thing, but a lot of guys were running the track with street cars between races.  If you're not too far from there, its worth checking out next weekend. Seeing the old Peugeot and Alfa racing alone was worth driving out there. Plus a crowd of pretty cool people out there... my old Datsun pickup might get set up for next year...

Last edited by a moderator:

presterone

It was so much fun. Believe it or not FWD rules on the ice. We are replacing the welded diff on the 240 with a J30 Infiniti LSD fixing a few things and running the studded tire enduro this sunday

smelt240

Yeah, those Neons were ripping it up out there..what model was the black Alfa?  I dont know a lot about those.  There was an old Peugeot out there later that night..       it would be cool to get some Datsun and Subaru action out there too.

presterone

New meadows ice racing, Facebook is about the only way its organized. If weather permits next Sunday there will be a race.

smelt240

Hopefully the weather cooperates, if it does, ill be out there, and Ill probably bring the wife.  Im going to try to get her to take some laps in my OBS once the racing is done. Her WRX would be more fun, but its too pretty to smash a snowbank...

smelt240

Oh come on... theres not that much slush... except for the tracks where a 4wd truck was plowing with his suspension trying to get out there from 126 yesterday...   

presterone

Venue changed it will be on the new meadows river in bath about five minutes from my house. I couldn't find anyone to tow the car so I will just be spectating if anybody wants to tow the car and take turns racing it or just come check it out eight91-1916

smelt240

I would have done it in a second, if we weren't doing a backwoods brake job on my car after 2 pads fell out and I lost all brakes except the last bits of ebrake I have....   caliper wont compress???   no problem, grind down the new pads til they fit....

presterone

This Sunday new meadows 3 hour, studs or screws. Somebody do this in a Subaru I would use my rs if I didn't have a loan out on it.

Latest posts

Back