Impreza Control Arm Recall?

Nicklaus220

Read some where Subaru is recalling all control arms for imprezas. If so does anyone know when the service is offered?

02 WRX Chris

if im not mistaken, carter or someone posted this about a month ago somewhere in the forum!

Iboc_C64

Your Welcome!
default_cool.png

scubiecraig

Hoping for the letter soon. I'm wondering if this would cover ball joints too, or just the control arm? I'm pretty sure I have a ball joint or joints failing. I'd love to have it covered under a recall!

Kembal

I was at Patriot Subaru yesterday and they still have not heard anything besides what we already know.

inski

There is no recall at this time. Nothing released. The info letter we got stated at some point there will be one for "inspecting" front control arms for cars in the rust belt states. that's all the info letter said.

I suspect they wont attempt this until they've stocked up on the necessary parts, whatever they might be.

inski

The control arm recall has been launched for the Foresters. Basically the front control arms are inspected and punch tested to check metal integrity. If that's turns out well then the control arms will be rust proofed with some 2 part special sprays. If it doesn't look so good then the control arms will be replaced. I don't know when the Imprezas will get underway, probably very soon.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just bumped up my thread on this. So what if I don't receive a recall letter? can I still come in to have them looked at?

inski

UpdaTE

We're doing approx 10-25 of these recalls per day for the last month or so. Most have passed the punch test and continued on to the rustproofing. Only seen 3 bad ones so far, two 02 Imprezas, and one 02 or 03 Forester. It was pretty obvious those cars never got washed and rust ate them control arms. Kudos to all the other Subaru owners who washed their cars a couple times a year.

If you're not sure if your car is covered call your dealer and ask. if you're sure your car is covered call and make an appointment. The procedure is quick and painless, about a half hour. Figure on just under one hour for getting you written up, car in and done, wash bay, and checkin you out.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
just to let you all know, I talked to one of the service guys about this at Quirk, and they are saying about 3-4 hours at their dealership. And they are booked about 60 days out, so make the appointment sooner than later!

scubiecraig

I was told that they would need my car all day. Where are you Inski? I'd rather not have to give up my car for a whole day.

Latest posts

Back