Inside tire wear

Subarulover7

photo-2.JPGWhen I rotated my tires earlier in the fall I noticed that only my front tires were worn heavily on the insides. I got four new general snow tires that are mounted on my stock 16" Impreza rims and I was wondering if I should get an alinement before I put the new snow tires on. If so should it be just a front, seeing how only the insides are cupping, or should I have a four wheel alinement with it being an awd car? Input is greatly appreciated!

(picture of my summer tire that I rotated from the front to the rear)

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'd say definitely get an alignment so that you don't eat your snows. And go for the 4 wheel. The alignment of all 4 wheels can affect eachother. And it's only $10 more for a 4 wheel.

Matt

Looks like excessive front camber to me. Excessive toe would cause the tire to chop more across the tire than concentrated in one area

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Looks like excessive front camber to me. Excessive toe would cause the tire to chop more across the tire than concentrated in one area
Theres no such thing as excessive front camber *puts on sunglasses*

J/k... it needs an alignment, and tires should be rotated at least every two oil changes. Nice to meet you the other day btw.

Subarulover7

Theres no such thing as excessive front camber *puts on sunglasses*

J/k... it needs an alignment, and tires should be rotated at least every two oil changes. Nice to meet you the other day btw.
Hey you too, your STI is perfect, were you running Rota's? I didn't quite pay attention 

RyanR

Hey you too, your STI is perfect, were you running Rota's? I didn't quite pay attention 

Thanks.  It's far from perfect, but def clean.

The wheels are Weds, and work great for a winter setup:

WEDSA90EVO.jpg

Meyagi

I'm a hack
toe affects inner wear like you have more then camber. toe being incorrect+camber= what you have. you can run negative camber and not kill the inner edges of your tires quickly if your toe is set perfect. on my lexus gs, i run almost -3 deg of camber and my inner edges only wear slightly faster then the rest of the tire. my toe is set to 0.

Subarulover7

toe affects inner wear like you have more then camber. toe being incorrect+camber= what you have. you can run negative camber and not kill the inner edges of your tires quickly if your toe is set perfect. on my lexus gs, i run almost -3 deg of camber and my inner edges only wear slightly faster then the rest of the tire. my toe is set to 0.
Thanks.  It's far from perfect, but def clean.

The wheels are Weds, and work great for a winter setup:

WEDSA90EVO.jpg
I'd say definitely get an alignment so that you don't eat your snows. And go for the 4 wheel. The alignment of all 4 wheels can affect eachother. And it's only $10 more for a 4 wheel.
Found that my inner tire rod end is bad, which explains why it pulls to the right when I brake, getting that fixed then having a four wheel alignment. Thanks for all the input guys, really helpful. I love the fact that you can get an answer for any question from fellow owners on here, I love this community. Appreciate all the input!

RyanR

I run almost -2 degrees (always whatever I can get out of it) on the sti, and have no tire wear issues. Like mike said, it is all about the toe. It should be 0 all around.

Latest posts

Back