invidia q300 dual out

Wrx911

just bought a invidia Q300 dual out CBE for my 2008 wrx sedan. does anyone else have this setup and could give me some tips or lessons learned from your install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wrx911

yeah you would think so.. one of the other guys who installed one said he had to trim his heat shield and he had to buy some kartboy long hangers due to the tight fit.. i guess i was wondering if this was a common issue and if i should buy some longer hangers "just incase".

SUBARUDE

I would think you would be fine but may have to trim a little on the bumper cause of the quad tip I had no problems putting the dual tip invidia on my xt and it was a wrx fitment

Wrx911

As far as I know they don't make a quad tip for my 08 I think they started on the 2011 and up. I really wanted to get the burnt tip too but no luck unless I went with a turboxs.

If anyone else is looking for a great deal on invidia let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Wrx911

so I have been reading up a bit more about the install and it seems like a lot of people are having an issue where the cbe meets the stock dp. I purchased a grimmspeed adapter for the 2.5" to 3" but i have heard that this wont even work as both the dp and the adapter both have a flange. so not sure what i should use so that i do not have a leak besides putting some sealant there.

SUBARUDE

Mines bolted right to the stock dp using the stock donut gasket just instead of spring bolts I use plain nut and bolts and have no leaks in 20k miles

Wrx911

Mines bolted right to the stock dp using the stock donut gasket just instead of spring bolts I use plain nut and bolts and have no leaks in 20k miles
well that's good news hopefully mine goes as good as yours

Wrx911

could use some extra help installing my exhaust i have never done one before so I am a little nervous.. I am really good at stereo systems if someone needs a head unit or speakers replaced.

Carter

Administrator
The install is pretty easy actually, its lining everything up that is a pain. I installed this using jack stands and very little clearance. I am a ways away from you, however I can offer you some advice. Since the holes are slotted on this exhaust do not tighten all the bolts up until you have everything lined up. Otherwise one side is going to stick out further than the other and it wont be level. Just tighten them up enough so you can move things around, but not so loose that it moves around on its own. 

Wrx911

that actually will help a lot thanks for the advice. I have been reading up on other forums and people are talking about having to cut there heat shield and having leaks on the flex joints.. i dont know it has me nervous i guess worse can scenario is if i cant get it perfect ill take it to a garage to fix it. I would rather do it myself though

Wrx911

I put on the invidia exhaust today the install couldn't have gone any easier. The only issue I had was taking off the stock exhaust system some of the bolts where 14mm and others where 12mm don't get why they wouldn't use 14mm for all of them. And some of the bolts where so rusted that I had too cut them off. I used a grimmspeed adapter for the connection to my stock downpipe and it worked really well. I also worked my way from the back to the front and just got everything on the hangers and just a couple of turns on all of the bolts and lined everything up.

Latest posts

Back