JP's 04 OBS

JoshP

I got a new car!  Had to bite the bullet and get something decent.. Need to rally this winter.. 

This thing is ridiculous!  Garaged most of its life, detailed regularly.  1 owner car, with all maintenance records, all at the dealership.  

Will post more later!  All it needs is a shifter knuckle.. inspected last week! 

inski

Sounds like a keeper!

All you need for rallycross is new-ish snow tires.  You'll see the snow tires = better acceleration, better braking, better overall control.  All that boils down to more fun and the bestest car in the snow/ice/slop.

JoshP

Heck yeah man, Ive been looking at those WinterForce from Firestone... from tire rack.  Want to get some brand new rims to mount them on.. Id grab a set of of used A034s BUT I dont want to drive to canada on them lol..

Oh should have mentioned I do TSD, but Id like to try some rallycross too

inski

I tried the Winterforce tires.  The sidewalls are too flimsy for me.  The car rolls a lot more with those.  The tread pattern is awesome.  I did pretty good with the Artic Claws from VIP.  Better sidewall.  Aggressive tread.  Similar price as the WinterForces.

JoshP

okay good to know, I was worried about the winterforces being so cheap.. But I really like that tread pattern with the big open blocks.  Ill be driving on actual snow in canada.

I Might still go with A034s, but Id have to carry them with them and mount them at the event.  No fun.. But I do carry an impact gun anyway and a speed jack

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I wood love to do some work on that car for you 
default_additional_scared.gif

42012RS

My winterforces felt awesome last year, in the snow. Other than that though I do agree with inski, they are very flimsy. I have been driving on them since last november though and have not had any problems, they should last through this winter too. You get used to the awful roll around corners.  I will buy them again

i-wagon

The ultra grips I have are well mannered all around, but geolanders are best I've used, back on topic...plans for this rig?

JoshP

Turbo and wrx ecu , 2.2 bottom end.  2.5 sohc heads and harness etc.  Actually Ill probably swap to an 05 RS ecu becuase those are open source tuneable. 

LSD rear and skid plates.  Hella map light.  few other TSD rally things, nothing too exciting.  Oh STi steering rack ..

Latest posts

Back