kartboy short shifter and bushings

Wrx911

I was wondering if anyone has replaced there shifter for the kartboy setup? how difficult was the install and how long did it take you?

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I was wondering if anyone has replaced there shifter for the kartboy setup? how difficult was the install and how long did it take you?

Probably the easiest mod aside from adding blingin' valve stem caps.

Wrx911

Probably the easiest mod aside from adding blingin' valve stem caps.
replacing the shifter looks pretty easy but i am also going to be replacing the bushings as well and some people had said replacing the rear bushing was pretty tough so figured i would get some other peoples opinions who had installed one.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
the rear bushing sucks only if there is a lot of corrosion on the linkage. that's what makes it difficult putting the linkage through the bushing. just use a wire brush to clean as much of it off and use lots of automotive grease.

i didn't change the shifter itself when i did it, but if you're doing both, you would be better off taking the shifter out, then just pulling the whole linkage out so you don't have to try to mess with it attached to the shifter and above the driveshaft( = huge PITA)

Latest posts

Back