Loring Autocross Aug 21/22

saabman

Yesterday I did a site visit at the Loring Commerce Center (the former Loring Air Force Base). In a word the pavement areas of the airfield are IMMENSE. CMC will be holding an autocross utlitizing runways, taxiways, and staging pads. This will be the largest A/X course run in the US this year if not ever. Here are some specifics of the airfield- Main runway is 300 ft wide by 12,000 feet long (good/very good pavement)- Alternate runway 180 ft wide by 12,000 feet long (good/very good pavement)- Taxiway 180-300 ft wide by 8,000 feet long (good pavement)- Staging pad 550 ft wide by 1700 feet longSpeeds will be higher than typical A/Xs that CMC conducts. This means your Subarusvwill be able to harness there power in high gears. I know this from first hand experience as the CEO of Loring drove me around on the airfield in his Saab 9-3 at speed Camping will be available on site.

Stein

Stein
Hey Mom, can I do it? huh? huh? PLEASE? I promise to stay under 80 mph!

In other words, I'll try to come watch.

Edit: holy shoot, that's way up North.

ReZPunK

you realize that this is only 10 more miles longer than if i traveled to the Maine Mall to do an autocross?

too bad im traveling that weekend or i would go!!!

EvilAsPie

Holy crap that's far..... That's gotta be a 4-5 hr drive from Portland. If not longer
yeah, planning on over 5 hours. But also planning to stop a bunch on the way. Lots of CMCers are planning to leave friday and come back monday.

saabman

There will be an organized caravan, with a published route and rally points along the way, on Friday.

Chris

Meyagi

I'm a hack
with that amout of usable space, there should be no reason why 70mph+ speeds are not obtainable no?

saabman

Event insurance allows higher speeds than we run here in southern Maine. You can expect higher average spped and higher top speed on the Loring Tarmac.

Chris

GClark

If I get a second car by then( I should), I will defiantly be coming to this! This sounds like a awesome venue, I remember my dad telling me stories of the B-52's that use to be there.

Stein

Stein
I get home from WA on the 20th
default_smile.png

Back