maine is 5th highest income in USA

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
spotted this on CNN.

If to be a maine native, especially bangor area...I have wondered since the days of leaving southern new england, where in heck is the income and how?

conservative is the word, and maine is not the income, that is my accurate guess. the CNN article proves what I see in the locale, but does not make any sense whatsoever. 1.50 for egss in mississippi? its like 3 bucks here, milk is like 5 bucks a gallon. For a state called vacationland with one of the highest petrol sucking per capita, the 2010 ten lack of COLA for retirees is going to be brutal...and now this article, pretending it has a high incopme. Does one know what that means? as 90% of the state is barely alive..there is a 10% so freakin wealthy it changed the statistic.
default_biggrin.png

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/21/news/economy/highest_income_census/index.htm?postversion=2009092118

EDIT: I am glad to have misread thier completey useless chart. I would pack up and assume this place a hotel type mafia. It is not the 5th highest income, it is the fifth slowest to change...that's a bit more like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Maine= high taxes, stuck in 1975, no progress, the welfare state, hardest state to do business in, hardest to create a business, high cost of living, nose to the grindstone and you'd better love it and vote democrat so we remain miserable frozen crusty people forever.
default_biggrin.png

Ryan

It's indeed an expensive state to live in... but, it's also one of the best places to raise a family.

Kristof

Banned
It's indeed an expensive state to live in... but, it's also one of the best places to raise a family.
agreed that's why i came back here after being gone for 10 years.

its funny peopel complain abotu taxes in this state then you ask who they voted for and guess what its a democrat:iam: some people are too stupid to put 2 and 2 together and maybe think hmm is it the democrats makign the taxes so high??

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Maine= high taxes, stuck in 1975, no progress, the welfare state, hardest state to do business in, hardest to create a business, high cost of living, nose to the grindstone and you'd better love it and vote democrat so we remain miserable frozen crusty people forever.
default_biggrin.png
why am i here again?
default_additional_party.gif

Mr. Poon

If Maine ran McDonalds, Big Macs would be $35 each. Augusta has zero concept of price elasticity- it applies to taxes as well. Nice place to raise a family, though.

Latest posts

Back