Mainiacs XV Crosstrek

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
The Crosstrek is an Australian spec Impreza. The car is 1-1/2" wider & longer than the American Impreza. It has an 8.7" clearance and rides on 225/55/17 rubber. I got the Nav package which includes rear camera and upgraded HD radio. The 2.0 engine and cvt tranny is the same. When I gassed up for the 1st time I averaged 30 mpg. Not too bad since the car idled awhile when scraping ice off one day and snow the next. I never thought I`d be excited about an economy car, but with todays gas prices * This is my 6th Subaru.

IMG_1810 (2).jpg

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Make sure you add it to the membership map.
I have always been on the Membership Map CHRIS, unlike some other members
default_additional_joker.gif

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nice! I saw one of these up close the other day, they are actually pretty cool. The ground clearance is more than I expected. And you can't beat the gas mileage!

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Congrats Rob! Nice new Subaru and nice Red house!

Do the flappy paddles even work?
Hey Tim,

I haven`t tested the paddles yet. I am on an economy kick ( go figure ) On a straight run from Maket Basket in Rochester back to the house my avg mpg gauge was reading 40. I always go by actual gas ups for true mpg.

My house has always been red, is yours red yet ?
default_biggrin.png

inski

Terrific!  Looks good in front of ye ole plantation.  Congrats.  Hope you enjoy many hundred thousand miles of driving her.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Thanks for the comments guys. This should be my last car ( unless I hit the lottery ) and Patriot has the Lifetime power train warranty, no limit on miles or years.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Nice looking. 

What is Australian spec?  They get the same XV we do.  Other than minor changes due to crash requirements in the states. http://subaru.com.au/showroom
Most of the differences are in my 1st post plus the wb is different. The front & rear bumpers are different. It`s not just a lifted Impreza. The XV was first made for Australia and when the American dealers saw it they got Subaru to import it to America because they believed they had a market for it over here.

4WRXter

Skier!
Nice. Congrats. I've been eyeing those a little bit. Maybe in a few years, some pre-owned deals will start popping up.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Make sure you add it to the membership map.
I laughed.

I like the looks of that a lot, the review on road and track was pretty decent; It's too bad you didn't get one of the crazy colorways though. I also like that you changed your name to suit it
default_wink.png

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I laughed.

I like the looks of that a lot, the review on road and track was pretty decent; It's too bad you didn't get one of the crazy colorways though. I also like that you changed your name to suit it
default_wink.png
I was tempted to get the tangerine orange, but when I saw one up close it was just too much. The black interior and wheels went well with the orange, but the orange looked like flat paint, good for a rally car not a d.d. Now if the orange was like my sons Mitsi Spyder GT with pearlesent sunset orange that changed different colors from yellow orange - orange - to orange red depeding on the light, that would be a different story. It was my wifes idea for the new name.

Latest posts

Back