Nate's Car Log

Stein

Stein
Starting to like the aggressive looks of the Foresters...

Not sure what the driving "feel" difference is between impreza wagons and fozzies...

Also still trying to figure out if there's a handling difference between impreza sedans/wagons.

BMX, I'm not looking to spend that much for a GC, sorry. A little cheaper and I would be interested.

stiXXX

Foresters handle the least "sporty", it's a "cross-over" grocery-getter unless modded.

As to "aggressive", well, not unless it's got 18s & springs, or is being driven by a 180# bull-dyke with road-rage.

(Apologies to angry bull-dykes, lol!)
default_frown.gif

Sedans, SUVs and wagons have different suspension setups, and different geometry to deal with, driving them.

STi's, WRXs, and N/A Imprezas (I know, what's an N/A Impreza?)
default_additional_party.gif
are very different suspension setups, same chassis.

Imo, a nice 2.5RS for about $6K is just what Ze' Dokktor ordered.

An added bonus: If you get a Forester, add a pink triangle sticker to the rear window, and watch lesbians follow you home at night.

Just don't make them angry.
default_additional_hail.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You're telling me!I need a job to pay for insurance on top of the car :.
If you get a car like mine you won't have huge insurance, and it will only break down every 1000 miles... Hear that legacy, stop friggin' breaking down
default_banana.gif

Stein

Stein
Are there any particular models that I should stay away from for reliability issues? Like that legacy that had crappy head seals or something?

I'm at a DotA party tonight and will ask my friends their opinion, based on looks alone, on a Bugeye, Hawkeye, and a GC coupe.

Do any of you happen to remember who on NASIOC has no front bumper on a WRB wagon? I think it was a wagon at least.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Well, any of the older 2.5 engines will have the head gasket issue. So if it has not been done, you will be doing it around 120k.

The 2.2 is a tank. The thing that happened with mine is the plug was wicked stuck when I changed it, so it probably weakened the threads. That is why it blew out and striped.

Other than that, my car has just had silly little problems, like brakes, filler neck, clutch was pretty much roasted when I got it, front springs were also rusted. And my water pump seized 3 hours from home, which was sort of a major problem... lol. Non-interference FTW!

Stein

Stein
What kind of work (body, suspension, steering, etc) does an average 2000 Impreza Coupe need past 100k? What about engine work at 30k+?

My friends agreed that the hawkeye looked the best... Too bad I can't find one with a 5mt under 10k
default_banana.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
bumphttp://maine.craigslist.org/cto/1149961130.html

contacted asking for pics and more info. If there's no frame or engine damage I will consider the car further.

The airbags went off...

How much would it cost for a fender, headlight, bumper, hood, airbags?

There's also this one, but with 210k miles I question that it's even worth the asking price
If it was bad enough the air bags went off, DON'T BUY IT!!!!

Maybe for a parts car, but that's about it.

The second one? no back seats? It was probably a rally car back in it's day, meaning it was beat on pretty bad... and it is overpriced.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
What about Jerrid's impreza?

It has like 160k on the body, and thirty something on the motor.

I'll see if I can find it, or if it is even still for sale... or maybe Jerrid could just post it up

I haven't seen him on here for a while...

Stein

Stein
oooooh jeeeerriiiid!

it really depends on the price. a 30k motor sounds great. Again, any issues that usually happen to the frame/suspension after 160k? Actually, I assume the suspension isn't stock anymore judging from the general crowd here.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
oooooh jeeeerriiiid!it really depends on the price. a 30k motor sounds great. Again, any issues that usually happen to the frame/suspension after 160k? Actually, I assume the suspension isn't stock anymore judging from the general crowd here.
I finally found the posting in the craigslist thread, but the posting ended. So I dunno what's up with it.

The front springs on my car were rusted and broken, but the rear springs and struts are in great shape. I don't know if they were replaced before I got it though, could have been. All the work done on my car isn't on the carfax report, like it has a new muffler, and some things that they didn't tell me about.

Mark

check out rallyxi's tdi golf. i bet it's a blast to drive, it gets ridiculous mileage, and it was very well taken care of. not a suby, but hell

Latest posts

Back