oil pan for 04 wrx

Mighty Subie

Yup.. the one on my engine that is coming out is rusty. I could re-use it, but I would prefer to just get another one. They are not expensive new but if someone has a 'like new' one that will fit and wants to get rid of it, give me a holler. Not sure how new they stay the same. Hell... the '12 could be the same for all I know, but they should be the same all the way up through 07 at least. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mighty Subie

yeah. it's still usable. a little time with a wire brush and some paint and it will be good. I'm just anal about certain things. This is providing that I get a new one though.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
why don't you just clean it up? while it is off, get a fumoto valve and I will machine it down so that it drains the entire pan.

Mighty Subie

well... If I can get a new/newish one for really cheap, then I will just do that because it's too easy to replace. If I can not, then I will take a look at this one and make a decision about if I need a new one or if I can just clean this one up and be satisfied with it. Evergreen sells them (our cost) about 100 brandy-spankin-new and has them in stock so it's not a huge deal if I decide at the last min to get a new one.

Latest posts

Back