Outback 01' (Legacy)

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I love this car. Owned vw's and saabs for years, second subaru had it for 2years. Lots of room, lots of practicality, lots of fun on dirt and snow
default_additional_rallydrive.gif
. So far to this I have replaced/modified to keep my sanity and purpose for it in tact, radiator with all aluminum, intake work *cough cheap, KnN filter, Tuneup crap, Grabbers then winter forces, "fixed" cats, welded on my old extra 2" borla stainless muffla', removed rear sway, poly front c.a. bushings, replaced rear trailing arm bushings, Replaced struts, Baja springs all around (lift), brakes in rear once, STi 5mt trans mount, hella 500 drive lights, sanded crap out of headlights. Probly more cant remember currently. Use all the time, haul 1 ton of wood pellets at a time on trailer.

Planning on... Paint? thinking some kinda flat paint, green and tan? like to keep it 2 tone. Want wrecked donor bajaT or something
default_wacko.png
, Want roof basket, hella fogs to replace oem's.

Any comments/suggestions/ideas welcome, keep in mind am a poor mechanic father of two right now so no sti swaps for me.

IMG01306-20111015-1558.jpg

IMG01301-20111015-1555.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Love the stance and lights, wheels are kinda turning me off though. But that's my fav color outback ( le jealous) maybe keep the gold, sand it a touch so it becomes matte, spray od green on existing green? Or just od green and flat tan

Last edited by a moderator:

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Love the stance and lights, wheels are kinda turning me off though. But that's my fav color outback ( le jealous) maybe keep the gold, sand it a touch so it becomes matte, spray od green on existing green? Or just od green and flat tan
True the wheels are off the wifes forester. Swapped my alloys with grabbers to hers I got the icky styled steels. Thinking of blasting those black so less hideous but not sure how odd would look on this car. Maybe if I find a set of vw steels would look better. I do like existing green on car and paint is at end of life. I don't mind tree scratches though so any paint on it would have to be cheap enough to not stress about.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Hit some dirt roads today
default_wink.png
IMG01520-20111106-1237-1.jpg
some where deep into the woods.
default_wink.png
default_additional_rallydrive.gif
default_wink.png

lots of wet surface from thawing dirt, got dirty
IMG01525-20111106-1352-1.jpg

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
If there was only more mud and more time. I will work on that...

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
pic from recent dirt drive of my "baby"
IMG01912-20111211-1243.jpg

Its happiest when revved to 6k rpm and covered in dirt/ice/mud.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
New pictures, have finally painted ugly steel wheels. De studded left rear tire now have four "summer" winterforces.

DSC02359.jpg

Deleted front hella 500's, installed new Freeform driving 500's wired into high beams in fog locations cause those were holding water. Other things done over winter are forgettable at this time.

And gratuitous pic of measurement rearend to ground because I was bored and never checked before.

DSC02361.jpg

Latest posts

Back