Parting 00 RS

JoshP

Parting this out for my buddy who rolled it recently. 

Location Biddeford

160k miles, runs and drives.  5 speed 4.11

Mods-
Cobb crank pulley and short shifter
ERZ EL header and obx catback, catless
ACT 14# Flywheel

Rest is stock and complete, 0 ghettoness.  

Hvkcq3o.jpg

PICS > http://imgur.com/a/xuJep

You can text me at 207 956 0464 for faster response, but I am on here a lot.

JoshP

Oh the mid pipe and cat section are welder together so there is no catback really, its all in good shape tho

exhaust11-L.jpg

Probably just hang on to the pulley

JoshP

I guess its really all one piece because the header and catless section go together but then its welded to the mid pipe.  The catless pipe only works with that header. 

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Ok.....If you didn't want to separate, that would have been good to know instead of never actually answering the question. Thank you anyway and glws.

JoshP

It's not that I don't want to, it just cant be done.  I hadn't really thought about it before.

IBratmanI

I was going to cut it off after the cat and weld a flange back on so it was a cat back again, then the cat section could stay with the header. So it can be done lol.

IBratmanI

Why can't that midpipe/catless attach to a different header? I see flanges in the pic?
It could. It would just need a little work. Having a solid welded exhaust is very bad anyway. That's asking for your exhaust to break. There is a flange for the cat back for a reason, and that's so it's allowed to flex using a doughnut gasket and spring bolts. It's possible they do have a flex there, but there's still no reason it can't be undone.

Last edited by a moderator:

injulen

Looking at the pic it seems the mid is welded to the cat section, you can see the flange that is still connected. I'm curious about the connection that is where the header bolts to the cat section which is disconnected in the image. Just wondering why josh said you have to use that exact header if its not welded at that connection.

JoshP

The ERZ header and cat pipe go together and don't work with OEM. 

Which should be very obvious from the picture lol

IBratmanI

It is obvious. That's why I would have cut it and put flanges back in. Not sure why it would ever be welded like that anyway. But it's cool. Glws.

injulen

The ERZ header and cat pipe go together and don't work with OEM. Which should be very obvious from the picture lol
I know next to nothing about exhausts, genuinely curious. So does that brand use a different style flange from OEM or is it at a different angle?

IBratmanI

I know next to nothing about exhausts, genuinely curious. So does that brand use a different style flange from OEM or is it at a different angle?
The header goes further back than an oem header so it actually takes the place of some of the cat pipe, which is why you can't bolt an oem cat pipe to this header.

injulen

The header goes further back than an oem header so it actually takes the place of some of the cat pipe, which is why you can't bolt an oem cat pipe to this header.
 Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I was in the process of pulling up some OEM pics but its slow on my phone. Good to know
default_smile.png

okay cool yeah its totally different.  This is a stock header

exhaust_headers_na.jpg
Yup, wow. Completely different.
So whats your price for the whole exhaust system? I have a project EJ22 with dual port heads that I'm pretty sure this would work on. I wasn't planning on buying any parts for it anytime soon but if the price is right.. might have to convince the wife xD

JoshP

He paid $350 for the complete exhaust, I think that's pretty decent.  Just keep in mind it is catless if that is what you're into. 

Price for all of the gray interior minus the seats? Door cards, dash, carpet, all the pillars, everything plastic etc.

We just got RS seats for my GF's car, we wouldn't mind changing the rest of the interior from tan to gray as well if it's not expensive.

I got excited when I saw a local RS partout, I want a sunroof, then I saw the roof...

Latest posts

Back