Phase 1 2.2e intake manifold

Just like the title says, I would like to find an intake to use for a porting practice/project. Needs to be a phase 1 2.2e so it will match up to my heads. I don't care how dirty or grimy it is, naked or with stuff attached still. Dirt cheap would be the price im willing to pay. Let me know!

JoshP

I have a 1.8 one that bolts on to the 2.2, id give it to you but im not close to bangor

JoshP

Its a bit different size, smaller plenum and longer/thinner runners.  I preferred this one over the 2.2 mani on my old 2.2.  Your profile says 2000, is that the engine in question?  Anyway it does bolt up to 22e, which is '90-'98.  Im in Biddeford 

The 2000 is not the engine in question, the manifold is for a different project. Out of curiosity, why did you prefer the 1.8 manifold?

JoshP

Id say the 1.8 mani favored low end, and the 2.2 top end.  With the 1.8 mani you could NOT bog the car ever.  It was fwd car though.  But you could take 5th gear down to 1200 RPMs and then accelerate back up no problem.  So you could basically go from 20 mph up to highway speed without shifting lol.  Hills were cake.. Id never have to downshift.  With the 2.2 mani (and i swapped just the manis) It drove like any other 2.2.  Bog down bad below 1500 rpm.  Hills I would need to downshift. The 2.2 mani was better above 3000 RPM for sure, but Id shift at 4k anyway with the 1.8 mani.  Id say the 2.2 plenum is about 50% larger.  But the runners are different length and shape too. 

hmmmmm sounds like it would be more of what im looking for then. If it can use a 2.2 throttle body and coilpack without hiccups, then I'll take it! 

Latest posts

Back