rents

akinaspeedstar

so my lease is up on the place im at now and i've been looking at new apartments.

and holy hell! how are people affording this crap?!? i found my old apartment for rent in gorham it was a shit hole. the floors were crooked the wall paper was peeling off there was one light switch everything else was pull strings weird round walls... ect. i rented it for $500 with heat and HW back in 04 now? 800. with nothing included. i thought 500 was a little steep for the place when i was there!

the only thing im finding i can afford is a crappy little studio in like maine med area or something out in lewiston. WTF?

luckly i can stay at my dads camp in sebago for a little while so im not sleeping in my car. but sebago to sopo is a hike and everything i own is going to be stuffed into this little camp.

Redline

Wow... for once I can say this...

MA is cheaper! <diabolical laughter here>

Seriously - 1200 sq ft, 2 bedroom/2 level apartment, nothing included - $895/mo. Located in a quiet section, mostly safe neighborhood. 5 mins off of I-495, with easy commute to many area businesses. Awesome features, large bathroom, dining room seperate from kitchen, huge livingroom and large walk-in closets.

Only annoyance is the extremely creaky floorboards tend to wakeup little STM.

akinaspeedstar

that and with fuel costs and people losing homes and such rents have gone way up in the last 8 months. so i either sleep in my car in the work parking lot rent a shit hole somewhere i don't want to live or try and find a roomate i'll end up hating haha.

-=Lobstah=-

Couldn't agree with you more. We've been looking for a place near Portland for the longest time and no luck so far. The rents ppl are asking are outf***ngrageous. 1-2 br for 1000$ - WTF :puke:!!!! And when you go to look at those places, - seems likelandlords are not aware of a simple things, such as upkeep, etc.

Soo, we're even considering an option of finding a roommate to rent a decent house with, but we barely know anybody. It sucks.

Wanna go together on a house? :wave:

-=Lobstah=-

BTW, I'm not sure there's places in L/A for under 800
default_smile.png
If there;s then probably neighboring some ghetto folks from downtown
default_smile.png

Jimbo

Check out Dolley Brook Farm condos in Westbrook. They're 2br units with natural gas heat (with elec backup) and elec hot water. Oh, and they're cheap. I think TyTy is familiar with 'em, too.

Call Emerald Management in Westbrook (Google for the number) and ask for Raylynn. I was paying $820 up to about a month ago.

akinaspeedstar

yeah see 800 something way more then i can afford. basicly to be able to eat and by gas i need a rent in the sub 650 range. so buying is almost comepleatly out. and i have a good friggen job i work for wright express and have for 3 years. but i guess it's time to find something knew when 11.40 wont pay the bills.

Redline

^ the real reason why people get married/live together. :happy3:

(Not that my 3 jobs, bringing in almost $1000/wk does me any good right now...)

akinaspeedstar

i end up hating all my roomates or they end up hating me in a short amount of time. and if i could find a girl who would put up with me ... well.... you guys write your own jokes haha.

saabaru

Rent does suck. I lucked out a year ago, renting a room in a house. Lucky my roommates are chill. Stlill have my time...

Good Luck. Might want to buy some small condo in the Portland area.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
being single could get you a long way to a low income loan to buy a house or condo. check it out!

saabaru

being single could get you a long way to a low income loan to buy a house or condo. check it out!
Elaborate more?.... Been looking, but have not found anything I fell in love with.(at least in my price range)

katnip

the car is black. I swear
there are lots of programs for the "low income" and as a single person, you probably qualify as low income

check out: http://www.mainehousing.org/

figure out what you can reasonably afford monthly for a mortgage and start looking in your price range, this is a GOOD instance of where a buyers realtor could help.

akinaspeedstar

i have talked with them. ( thanks smosh!!!!!) and a mortage broker im aproved for barely 110k which in greater and ever way outer portland.... is nothing. plus i don't know if this is where i want to stay so i don't know if i want to get locked into a house.

and joel it would mostly be deaf. hahaha

who knows something will work out it always does but god rents are expensive in southern maine! christ you could buy a decent house for the rents they are charging.

Latest posts

Back