rusted fuel line

injulen

I smelled fuel earlier and started trying to find out why. Turned out to be one of the fuel lines had a pinhole leak where it transitions to bare metal lines after coming up through the floor under the rear seat bench. I tried to throw some rubber and zip ties on it to get home but in the process I of course made it worse. Now when I pressurize the line the fuel sprays out everywhere.

I gave up on a patch and called AAA. I'm having them tow it to a garage in augusta where I am hoping to repair it in the parking lot myself.

Does any one have any tips or hints? I've been googling it too and found out a few things.

It seems to require high pressure line, 5/16 fuel injector hose. I'm going to try to clamp a length of that in there to replace the bad bit.

I would love more advice though. Thanks.

injulen

Just finished fixing it. I did end up using high pressure hose with fuel injector clamps. It went smoother than I thought it would.

I normally would prefer compression fittings but in this case the tight quarters would have made it really difficult. Come fair weather I might redo it to eliminate the rubber hose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back