slush sucks! now sputtering and dying

Vecken

After driving a bit through the heavy wet slush. My car is now sputtering hard and stalling if I let off the gas. If I give it plenty of throttle it will rev up all the way just fine but if I'm just cruising it lugs. I just replaced the knock sensor and that fixed all previous issues, no check engine lights, and from what I can tell its not a miss fire.

It was a rather sudden change after some drifting, I'm hoping it's just moisture in a sensor. What are the first ones I should be checking? I'm going to go through it when I can get it into a heated garage and let it dry out and check all connections and vacuum hoses. These dohc motors have way more vacuum hoses than they should.

Vecken

I sure hope so, there was snow on TOP of the transmission. I was also thinking about the pcv or iacv, how do I go about cleaning/testing them?

injulen

My work van won't start right now, its the ignition coil for me. I gotta go out soon with some WD-40 and spray it down. 

Vecken

Found the source of the problem: my dumb ass, I accidentally disconnected one of the vacuum lines when I pulled the air box to see if it was full of snow (it was an issue with my last car) as for what caused the lack of power In the first place I'm stumped.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Don't you have a green foam pond sucker intake? If you put a stock one back in there, you'll be much less likely to get water in the engine.

Vecken

Different car, this is the 200$ beater I got, 100% bone stock. I can't believe someone paid me what they did for my green one, I wrecked that car so hard on curbs and dirt roads.

Latest posts

Back