Snorkus delete do or don't?

Blake9867

So I gut my on the fence about removing my snorkus I drive an 02 wrx I know there are no real plus sides to it. Has anybody done it. Would you do it. Should I not think about it and why not

Blake9867

I have an 02 Wrx sedan I'm on the fence about removing the snorkus or intake silencer. I have a few questions I need answers befor hand. Has anybody done it and had problems after? I know there's anot much if any benefit at all. And another question is would removing the snorkus make the air/fuel lean as the where ther is less distance for air to travel and no come block for it to go threw? If you've done it let me know how it is af you think I shouldn't do it tell me why just want more knolage befor I do anything.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
if you take it out, you're going to get hot engine bay air in your intake. leave it on, and you get fresh cold air from outside(more power)

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
if you take it out, you're going to get hot engine bay air in your intake. leave it on, and you get fresh cold air from outside(more power)

Blake9867

What ur saying makes sense. But dosnt make sens in the fact that the snorkus is essentuly a giant u shape and takes air from the engin bay and brings it down in front of the tire and back to the air box

i-wagon

You're missing a piece, should be another piece that runs up to the radiator support to take cooler air from near the hood. Unless the 02 is different. You could take that out and put a piece of pipe between the air box and gender opening and draw air from there. That's how my truck is set up. Just don't hit any big puddles if you do that

You are missing part of your intake its seems.

424de67d.jpg

I would recommend checking a few junkyards for the missing piece. I posted in the other thread you started a picture of what it should look like. If that isn't a viable option you can remove the elbow inside the fender, block off the hole you see and seal the area between the airbox and inner fender. PVC piping does not belong in an engine bay.

i-wagon

If you don't find another piece and remove that box you could either found a short piece of aluminum pipe to run between the box and fender. Shouldn't take much, from what I remember it's only like a half inch

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
yeah, when you say snorkus, that's the part of the intake that comes up over the radiator support to draw in the cooler ambient air.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
yeah, when you say snorkus, that's the part of the intake that comes up over the radiator support to draw in the cooler ambient air.

Blake9867

I've been trying junk yards and scrap yards all day and I'm either getting a I don't know what ur taking about or no we don't have it the snorkus is the part that on my car I'm missing some sort of shroud that I can't find the technical name for can anybody help me outSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tying to make it compleat befor I just rip it out and put a few aluminum elbows and Jimmie rig my own intake what thoughts on taking the snorkus out and running piping forward towards the head would that draw colder air.? My only concern with that would be hitting a puddl but if I put it I frount of the wheel well would it be more protected for puddles then right abbove the wheel wellSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
7591200.gif

air inlet duct #14

Air inlet duct 
DUCT AIR INTAKE - 2.0 liter
ENGINE / TRANSAXLE »Air intake
Subaru › Impreza › 2002-2005
List Price : $32.32

at subarugenuineparts.com

and it is different between the 2.0 and the 2.5 n/a

also, i merged the two threads so you only have 1 going right now