So I need a 2.2 Block

Visonik

I have a bad rod bearing which I found out on the way to New Hampshire. Luckily I made it to Meyagi's and I had to leave it there. If anyone has a 2.2 block I can take off their hands, let me know. The closer you are to Meyagi's Shop, the better.

JoshP

For the WRX?  I got a phase 2 2.2 with 190k.  Those pistons are bad for boost though. 

injulen

The non-turbo EJ22 comes in two phases. They aren't the best for turbo engines though. If I remember right, the turbo engines had multiple internal differences.

Visonik

Mike said I should get a 2.2 that's pre-2000 then just get it back over to Kinetic and have it retuned for the extra displacement.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Pre 2000? Phase 2 started in the end of 98, and they were the same from that point till 01 for the 2.2's. If he means phase 1, then it should be pre 98.

inski

Cumberland salvage has 2 for sale. one for $400 and one for $600.  M&P Auburn has one for $400.  Also try Rt.302 Recyclers in Windham, they can get stuff fast if they dont have stuff.  LKQ Gorham can get stuff and they can add a warranty if you want to pay extra.  I have one but its a cream puff and you can't afford it.
default_wink.png

Visonik

Cumberland salvage has 2 for sale. one for $400 and one for $600.  M&P Auburn has one for $400.  Also try Rt.302 Recyclers in Windham, they can get stuff fast if they dont have stuff.  LKQ Gorham can get stuff and they can add a warranty if you want to pay extra.  I have one but its a cream puff and you can't afford it.
default_wink.png
I can afford anything, it's under warranty through the bank and its covered 
default_tongue.png

inski

def call LKQ and have them get you a low miler with a 30 day.  They'll deliver to Mike's.

Visonik

Is this why I haven't seen your car on Maple St?
I actually had to move. My girlfriend and I had our roommate go crazy and move in with her boyfriend of 2 months haha.

def call LKQ and have them get you a low miler with a 30 day.  They'll deliver to Mike's.
I found out today from my uncle that they have to find a motor or block... Because if it's junk and they found it, it's on them. If i found it, it's on me. So I'll leave it to them monday and have them talk to Mike.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I would jump on that over an n/a block. Closer to the correct compression ratios

And its a stronger block

Visonik

Unfortunately, the warranty company has to find me a block or a motor. My uncle was a claims adjuster for years. He said that I have to let them find me what I need. Mike has to call them with a quote and give them his 2 cents, then It's up to them to find me something to make my car how it was before. He said that they should have to pay for the new tune from Kinetic also, since it was already on the car. So, I'll make out pretty good on this. What ever they do, it has to have less miles and perform as well as the engine in it now.

injulen

I would still forward them the post about the closed deck EJ22. I don't think they are as common as open decks and its pretty rare to have one available right when you need it. There is a lot more room for boost in a closed deck vs open deck.

Visonik

I would still forward them the post about the closed deck EJ22. I don't think they are as common as open decks and its pretty rare to have one available right when you need it. There is a lot more room for boost in a closed deck vs open deck.
It just sucks in the way that if i recommend a motor or block that I found and it fails, it's on me. If they find one and that fails, it's on them. So I'd rather just let them grab one and if anything happens, they have to replace it again.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
If that's the case why aren't they looking for a 2.0 turbo block? Why a 2.2?

Visonik

I'm sure they'll look for a 2.0, but Meyagi told me that he would get a 2.2 block. I'm just doing what he suggested haha. I don't really care. He said I could get a few more ponies with the 2.2 but I'm plenty happy with what I've got now. We'll see what they do to me for parts.

Latest posts

Back