SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Subie

SOLD

I have a 1982 Suzuki GS850G that I am putting up for sale. I have had some good times with this bike since I got it. It was given to me in pretty rough shape a few years ago by a girlfriend's father. I ended up having to put a lot of time and money into it just to get it road worthy and then a bunch more for the little stuff. It is a great bike. This is one of the most reliable motorcycles ever built. It is a solid bike that is ready to go. 27,700 miles on the clock. I love this bike, but I have two other bikes and this one gets no love. The only thing that will hurt this bike, is what it is currently getting, a lack of riding. So, before I just put it in storage indefinitely and then have to spend lots of money replacing dried up seals and o-rings, etc, I would like to sell it. It does get over 40 mpg riding single and has enough power for riding double easily. Also, there is no chain maintenance due to it being shaft drive. Just remember to check the gear oil in the final drive every so often and away you go.

list of what I have done:

replaced the R/R

'naked' conversion, removing vetter fairing and trunk

painted it

new front wheel bearings

speedo drive gear

speedo cable

tach cable

tach drive gear seal

'real gasket' valve cover gasket

valve seals

threaded insert to fix messed up threads on spark plug#3

heli-coil on one exhaust bolt hole

new tires front and rear

rebuilt all 3 brake calipers

rebuilt the carbs and replaced the bolts with stainless allen head bolts

new intake boots/o-rings

sealed the breather box

replaced both coils

brand new battery (only a couple weeks old)

I am sure there is a couple more things that I can't think of, but it is a completely roadworthy bike, ready to go!

5Ia5Le5Y33If3N33Hac73226ca8ded0961711.jpg

5If5L35J73Kc3L73N6c730127a19b98a415ea.jpg

5N35M25J23K73Gc3F8c73934c9ce19b7d1161.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Looks amazingly similar to my Honda
default_tongue.png

Anyway, great looking bike for the age. I actually considered getting one in Seattle. Free bump, GLWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back