Kanc/White Mountains

​

​

Bethel Route

​

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I say we do Garrett's idea from a few years ago, up to Owls Head to the automotive museum. We could hit spots on the way back and come back route 3 to Augusta. I was pretty bummed out when that got canceled, Spring is the perfect time to do it.

urabusturbo

I would love a coastal drive but with a large group that is asking for trouble. Perhaps a simple counter clockwise loop around Sebago lake and some windy roads around there?

Depending on how soon the drive is, a coastal drive to Owl's Head is possible. That being said, starting in April the traffic seems to increase greatly. I regularly drive most of that route.

The Mt. Washington road seems like a great idea, but anyone who goes needs to make sure their car is in great shape mechanically. I have yet to do it, but I have been told many times that brakes take a beating and can severely fade.

Why not something like this?

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Main+St&daddr=ME-4+N%2FFarmington+Rd+to:ME-16+W%2FME-4+N%2FMain+St+to:Rumford+Ave+to:ME-26+S%2FPark+St+to:ME-11+S%2FUS-302+W%2FRoosevelt+Trail+to:43.8442886,-70.6260558+to:ME-26+S%2FShaker+Rd&hl=en&ll=43.904819,-70.105133&spn=0.59861,1.352692&sll=43.913723,-70.285034&sspn=0.59852,1.352692&geocode=FYD9oAIdyqfQ-w%3BFW6eqwIdHILQ-w%3BFUkjrgIdglbI-w%3BFV3BpwIdt4HL-w%3BFUjgogIdzArM-w%3BFdnqngIdT63K-w%3BFcACnQId-VTK-yn5xsPtJfGyTDGdbuzUTUvLQg%3BFY2xnQIdPMvO-w&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=6&sz=10&via=6&z=10

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I like Bryan's route, that's kind of similar to what we did a couple years ago. I just have this vision of 20 or more cars tearing through Wiscassett up to Owl's Head, maybe we should do another Acadia run?

Craig

Since i live in owls head and know what the people that work at the transportation museum are like... they wouldn't want a bunch of Subarus to just show up, park and hang out.

GClark

Usually we just take things by force, like the 99 last night.  Acadia is a very long day, Whites are always a good choice. I liked the drive where we had a bbq at Sunday River at the end.   Mt. Washington would be fun but it's $50 to drive up. 

I always feel like a broken record but Phippsburg/popham is amazing and the tip of the peninsula has a ton of room for bbqing, chilling on the beach, etc.
The biggest issue there is dealing with Bath. Also I can tell you a bunch of subaru's driving down there will attract the attention of the local police and the county sheriffs. Just like Wiscasset this area gets a huge amount of tourists and there are traffic issues and parking issues.

SoMeWRX

The biggest issue there is dealing with Bath. Also I can tell you a bunch of subaru's driving down there will attract the attention of the local police and the county sheriffs. Just like Wiscasset this area gets a huge amount of tourists and there are traffic issues and parking issues.
 Come up RT 1 and jump right onto 209, we would be in and out of bath in 2 minutes. Once were out there the only people who can bug us is a statey if they feel like coming and who cares really. Its freaking popham. I lived there for many years, people dont give a hoot. And, where the parking is by the fort, nobody lives so we wouldnt be bugging anyone. It would also make for super elite pictures. Plus, were talking about spring, not summer. Very little tourist issues

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I really don't care if people have a problem with our club going on a drive through there town, that's what Maine is for! It's the individual that would cause the problem with speeding, reckless driving, etc. We would stimulate there local economy, and we pay taxes to live here, so we should enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back