Stage2

oh5xt

Finally got around to buying an accessport and went stage2 about an hour ago! It didn't feel much different at first! Is that normal?

brighton

Rally Fluffer
I thought the same thing when I did this to my FSXT. I didn't notice until the next day going to work and got on 95 and did a third gear pull. Have you done that yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Northernah'
When I went stage 2 on my sedan it was a big difference, but there totally different cars so I guess that's irrelevant, but enjoy it never the less!

SUBARUDE

When I went stage 2 on my sedan it was a big difference, but there totally different cars so I guess that's irrelevant, but enjoy it never the less!
Yes but ray he was already running the dp with no tune that why the change wasn't as noticeable

11blackSTi

Also, when you do a reflash, it resets the learned perameters, so the throttle will feel weird for a day or two. I noticed when I flashed by upgraded stage 2 map (revised as it was low boosting), the throttle felt like it was a lot less responsive for the first day. Then it came back after a few days and felt much faster.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
IAM (ignition advance multiplier) needs to climb back up to 1.0 (or 16).  When you reset the ECU, the IAM value goes to 0, or whatever your map has for a min limit.  Throttle will feel way less responsive because the ECU pulls throttle response, runs flat timing, and pulls boost until it feels "happy" with your new flash.  Once it recognizes that your shiat isn't detonating just idling and normal driving, it climbs back up to 1.0 and you get 100% of the power.  Some cars climb back up after a two mile drive, others can take a day of normal driving around.  From there, the ECU learns and adjusts based on closed loop fuel trim actuals, and will also pull or add timing in different RPM/Load ranges based upon observed knock. 

If you start having misfires or chronic knock, the ECU will try adjusting learning values first, and then pull back your IAM to a level that prevents detonation if it's bad.

If you have a tactrix cable, and run learning view on your vehicle, you can see all of these values.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back