Started tearing into the boat anchor EJ22 (Huge pictures)

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
I tore this out of my non turbo 94 Legacy in October of 2011. I overheated it at least 4/5 times myself.. I have no idea how many times it has been overheated before me. It had 173K at the time of pull.

I've finally got around to messing with it.

Here are the results of tearing into it. .. .

[WARNING]
It's a bit skankified.

Left side
wp6yvYd.jpg

Right side
pbVKpH0.jpg

Left head
EqmGi2t.jpg

Right head
VUCTQme.jpg

Split block
Zri5IJV.jpg

Bit of marring inside the block.
hW6kLSC.jpg

Pistons cleaned up a  bit.
qQa3MOr.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Judging by how clean piston #2 is, most certainly had coolant leaking into that cylinder.

Doesn't look terrible.

My seized ej22 looked much worse, especially after we hit it with 20+lbs of thermite LOL

ReZPunK

Can I have the cams? I will give you 20 bucks or some beer, or something...I need a set of cores to send away to be reground

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
These cams would work for you, but if you don't get them. Make sure you get ones for non-roller rockers, if you get the roller ones (96 or 97+) they will get destroyed very quickly.

ReZPunK

Thanks! Just set them someplace safe, next time I'm in southern maine or where ever you might be, I can grab them. These will be sent out to be gussied up, and then into the rally car. :)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I might be headed up north in the next few weeks, so if you don't work something out before then, I can get them on my way up.

ReZPunK

Give me a shout, I'm making the trip to Rockland Sunday morning, we could totally meet up before noon and complete the sale!

207-217-7312

Latest posts

Back