THE 2012-13 WINTER BEATER

SUBARUDE

I HAVE STARTED ON THE NEXT WINTER BEATER FOR THE WINTER OF 2012-13

its a 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 5spd with 235k miles on it. i am lifting it on forester struts and putting a 2001 forester 5spd with 4.11 rear diff. cause the tranny that is in it has lost 5th gear

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

the other problem the car had was the front subframe was toasted so it wouldnt pass inspection

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

this was just from the subframe the rest of the car is pretty much rust free which is surprising

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

next thing i need to do is pull the tranny for swap and i am going to pull the motor also and do a full reseal

SUBARUDE

Motor is out and torn a part today now to go get gaskets and reseal it all up.the motor inside looks like new all cross hatching are perfect at 235k miles which is kind of amazing.the pilot bearing had half its ball bearing chucked I am amazed it wasn't screaming.out of all the bolts only one broke it was the a/c cover stud which is no biggie

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
That's even more amazing you only broke one bolt, thing looks gnarly Gabe, you drive beaters that are nicer than my regular cars!

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
For a so called winter beater that body and interrior seams to be in really good condition o_O

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Tem O'Neil recently picked a up sister car to this, worked up

A very cool hatchback waggon cage, and now it gets spanked almost every day. Round and round , chompin cones for lunch and dinner. It's a blast to drive, and with the 4.11 gears and 2.5 it's a good bit quicker than the 2.2 Impreza school cars.

Latest posts

Back