Thinking of starting a detailing business

Pottle

Anyone know anyone that might possibly be interested in getting anything done? I have about 6 years of experience before working for directv. My job currently blows and always enjoy cleaning cars. Why not try to make a living from it.

There an incredible dearth of detailing shops in Maine (so far as I'm aware), where u located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pottle

In Oakland. I've noticed that as well. This will probably be a side gig specializing in mid to high end cars. I've seen some rates the shops charge - you get what you pay for.

Pottle

Yeah totally agree winter , also why spend some good money on getting your car cleaned when the damn roads are still filled with dirt and melting snow.

Pottle

So I am starting up a Side business. If anyone around the central area wants anything done, let me know!

Wrx911

I have been looking for someone to detail my car inside and out? How much would you charge for a 08 sedan wrx

I just can't see it working out as a money making business in Maine. Nobody will pay big money to clean a car that will be muddy and/or salty the next day.

Seems like detailed around here means you hosed the mud off.

Pottle

I have been looking for someone to detail my car inside and out? How much would you charge for a 08 sedan wrx
  Check pm

I just can't see it working out as a money making business in Maine. Nobody will pay big money to clean a car that will be muddy and/or salty the next day.

Seems like detailed around here means you hosed the mud off.
Not looking for it being primary income. I have a full time job. Also just like the people that don't care, there are people that do care about their cars. Especially the snowbirds and seasonal camps.

jojo69

good luck! I started a mobile detailing 'biz' on the side last year. I've found that Maine isn't that conducive to make it a profitable enterprise, but I still enjoy the work even if profit margin is minimal. It's more for the passion and fun than making money at this time. 

It's always fun to hear about others being into that much 'detail'! Good luck on, and look forward to talking with you! 

Cheers

Pottle

Thanks! Id rather be happy with what I do then go to work miserable and that's how it's been lately.

Yeah, I miss living in RI because it is totally different down there plus people spend money.

jojo69

Thanks! Id rather be happy with what I do then go to work miserable and that's how it's been lately.

Yeah, I miss living in RI because it is totally different down there plus people spend money.
^+1  agree. Spent 10 years in florida... very different landscape as well. I'd be refusing jobs at this point in time, lol, not looking for some!
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back