Tire Mounting & Balancing in Portland?

mikebike357

When you peeps buy your tires on TireRack.com, who mounts & balances them for you? I wanna order up the 17's for the WRX but I donno who does a good job in town without hacking up the rims. Also, do you hafta get the wheel weights clipped on the lip of the rim or can any place do the stick-'em-on kind inside the rim? i don't wanna fark up my Prodrives!
default_biggrin.png

Evan

make sure you find out beforehand what sytem they use to mount the tire. some places have a plastic edged machine that wont mess up lips, and a lot of places just have a metal edge, ready to gouge out your new blingness.

i just called everyplace in the phonebook until i found one that could do it, i would start with that new sullivan tire on rt 1 in scarborough, they're the place that is set up to deal with aftermarket suspension mods, so i bet they can do bug wheels too.

i'll ask kenny tomorrow where he got his 19x10.5's mounted.

Evan

yeah he said if they're oversize sullivan tire in scarborough is the only place.

mikebike357

Schweet... i'll be ordering up some rubber in the next week or so then visiting Sullivan in Sc'boro.

thanks!

Rightseat

tire paces are SOOOO shortsighted...... >
default_redface.gif

my local tire place, where I spent $4500+ over last year on race tire mounting, alignments, and truck tires.......told me that instead of $4 for unmounting tires and $4 for mount w/o balance, they were now charging $12 per tire unmounting and $12 per mount for TIRE NOT BOUGHT THERE....fook them, how shortsighted is that? "...it's not our idea, it comes from On High..."

they said, "we looked at becoming Tire Rack designated mountiing dealer, but the boss didn't think that was useful"

WTF??? All they sell is Cooper OEM replacment tires, don't they have a clue?

Evidently not.

Hellooooo? STM needs to coordinate a group boycott/action plan or a tire dlr that Gets It.!

DG

:
default_redface.gif
:
default_biggrin.png

ReZPunK

if you bring me any tires and rims you need mounted or unmounted in the next 2 weeks ill do it for free..

i am located at Eastern Maine community College in Bangor, monday through friday 8am - 12pm

after that it will be summer and i wont have access to the machines.

you are welcome to join me as long as you have long pants and work boots and safety glasses.

gearsoup

Try Evergreen Subaru in Auburn. They just got a tire machine, and the guys there are really good. It cost me $10 a tire to get my snows dismounted, and then gravels mounted and balanced.

prez25rs

if you bring me any tires and rims you need mounted or unmounted in the next 2 weeks ill do it for free..

i am located at Eastern Maine community College in Bangor, monday through friday 8am - 12pm

after that it will be summer and i wont have access to the machines.

you are welcome to join me as long as you have long pants and work boots and safety glasses.
i might have to take you up on this... i might not be able to get up there with my tires and wheels until may 1 or after though.

ReZPunK

let me know the exact day you want to do them and i can plan on it.

like i said before. bring long pants, work boots and safety glasses or you will be sitting on the picnic table outside hehe.

we are located rightoff thre Hogan Road exit in bangor. take a right off the exit and then a right at the light. that's sylvan road. after the skating rink but before the honda dealer take a left. that's the entrance to the campus. at stop go striaght and straight to the last building. look on your right you will see the big garage door. go in and ask for me. (Rob) i will be the greasy one swearing at a rally car.

smosh

I got mine done at Century out on Brighton earlier this week. $81 for all four, including new stems. They said they have the equipment to do aftermarket rims, and I 'd heard good things from other STMers back in the day.

My Rotas already have curb rash; there is no additional rash.

mikebike357

Sullivan in Scarborough did a great job... but then again, they should've for $150. WTF?!
default_wink.png

If you want the most expensive mount & balance ever in a clean, friendly environment, go to Sullivan in Scarborough. :-

prez25rs

guys i'm getting some BBS wheels that are sanded ready to paint, should i paint before or after i mount tires??

Im concerned that if i paint them first that it will chip during the mounting

S

silver bqqst.

how are you painting them?

If your interested, let me know. I have a wheel guy, he's fantastic.

prez25rs

I was gonna use the duplicolor wheel paint. this "wheel guy" sounds expensive but do tell me details cuz i want them done nice ;D

Latest posts

Back