Trunk won't open

Zach

I have an 03 wrx with a bum trunk. Iv done some research and tried a few things like tightening the cable on the leaver on the floor and at the mechanism,checked if the cancel switch is on and its not, my key doesn't even turn when i put it into the lock. I tried all the keys i have (Master, 2nd master and the valet key) none of them work its like its not even the right key. Currently the only way I can open my trunk is pulling the "help I'm stuck in the trunk glow in the dark lever" which gets annoying when I have to crawl through the hole in the back seat.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i was betting the cancel switch, but you have covered that. Stixxx who used to be on here had a sti with a carbon trunk and no key lock so every time he flipped the cancel switch by accident id have to pull his back seat out and crawl through to open it. after about 4 times of that i welded his cancel lever to the non cancelled position lol

honestly sounds like it should work, id have to look at in person to give you further insight....

JoshP

Heh I bought a car once and the lady told me the trunk lever broke years ago.. then I showed her the cancel lever

Zach

Yes my trunk use to unlock using the master key. I never tried the other keys because I never had to.

no cancel lever, electronic button on mine. is your battery dead?
Pretty sure my battery is not dead i use the car every day.

skipow

id get inside that trunk lid and take the lock cylinder out and use some pb blaster on it/clean it well.

Latest posts

Back