turbo back recommendations

XDIRTYX

09 wrx hatch, ive seen a lot of differant combos on the site. im leaning towards cobb, ive watched countless youtube vids and love the sound. also i heard intakes make wrx' run lean, any truth to that?

Blue Bugeye

Cobb is a great choice. awsome quality and sound. An intake can make it run a lil lean but i've never heard of it being so bad that its harmful to the motor. you can always get the cobb accessport and run the stage 2 map, which is a good idea anyway if you want to get the most out of your turbo back. without a tune you won't see much gains.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
If you can make it to our next meet I am sure there will be a variety of exhaust sounds you can listen to up front and close to pick out the sound you like
default_frown.gif

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
a lot of us here are fans of invidias products as well. Pretty much any invidia downpipe with either a g200 or n1 is a good choice.

XDIRTYX

most people not running cats? invidia sounds good too and with the money i could save over cobb i could buy an AP stage 2

Mark

i run catless, smells awesome, sounds awesome. get inspected beforehand and don't worry about it for a year. then make friends with a garage

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
i run catless, smells awesome, sounds awesome. get inspected beforehand and don't worry about it for a year. then make friends with a garage
+1 around here catless isn't a big deal

08WRXME

09 wrx hatch, ive seen a lot of differant combos on the site. im leaning towards cobb, ive watched countless youtube vids and love the sound. also i heard intakes make wrx' run lean, any truth to that?

I am leaning towards the Invidia N1 for my hatch too. looks sick, sounds sick, and a quality piece. As for the intake, the newer WRXs are based on the legacy platform and run extremely well with intakes. I had my injen one on my 08 WRX and just put it on the 09. Helps the car breath and from my butt dyno, it feels like the car pulls harder. I would recommend one, and definately a CAI over a SRI.

Mark

I am leaning towards the Invidia N1 for my hatch too. looks sick, sounds sick, and a quality piece. As for the intake, the newer WRXs are based on the legacy platform and run extremely well with intakes. I had my injen one on my 08 WRX and just put it on the 09. Helps the car breath and from my butt dyno, it feels like the car pulls harder. I would recommend one, and definately a CAI over a SRI.
+1 get a nice CAI. short ram is for sound. and hot air sucking

jwebsta32

I have an SRI and it runs just fine....i also have the cobb box that goes along with it....so sit on it and rotate joe hahahah

Mark

I have an SRI and it runs just fine....i also have the cobb box that goes along with it....so sit on it and rotate joe hahahah
if you weren't already at like "critical mass" level for WHP i'd say ditch the catted stuff and the SRI for catless and CAI

08WRXME

if you weren't already at like "critical mass" level for WHP i'd say ditch the catted stuff and the SRI for catless and CAI
Yea, if your car wasen't already stupid fast I would have to say go CAI. From a thermo point of view, the only way to optimize your car is to use cold dense air. So you just have to drive really fast to keep the engine bay cold
default_woohoo.gif

wzrd

I am running as many Cobb products as possible,Except for the cost factor [imho] there is no choice.

08WRXME

I am running as many Cobb products as possible,Except for the cost factor [imho] there is no choice.
See I feel like that is kinda close-minded. I guess if you run an Accessport it would be better to keep all the same maker, but I feel there is a lot of better quality parts than some of the Cobb stuff. that's just me though..

wzrd

See I feel like that is kinda close-minded. I guess if you run an Accessport it would be better to keep all the same maker, but I feel there is a lot of better quality parts than some of the Cobb stuff. that's just me though..
That was the idea. consistantcy.and yes i agree all cobb parts dont do well up here in maine.Like thier spring package imho sits way to low.

Latest posts

Back