watch your nuts!

Vecken

Always remember to double check your nuts and bolts you do it your selfers! I just had the nut holding on my balljoint to the lower control arm let go (castle nut nowhere to be found) and the cotter pin missing??? Anyways, just a friendly reminder so no one else gets caught with uber camber in the middle of traffic.

Ps. Anyone have a welder of any kind I could use for 5 minutes? I want to weld the wheel lug that's currently holding it on so it will never budge again!

02 WRX Chris

some people on here don't even put in the cotter pin when doing those.  I think that's kinda silly if you ask me!

Vecken

Now I'm paranoid so I want to weld this lugnut straight to the control arm. If that had fallen off on the highway there would be no more subie.

Matt

And when you have to change it down the road your screwed. Just put a cotter pin in with the right nut and call it a day.

Vecken

I just replaced the entire knuckle, brakes, strut etc... With the ones from my parts car in far better condition. This car has 250k, I think this is going to be the last balljoint I'm going to be replacing on this car.

I wagon, I am in sopo but I can go anywhere in the greater Portland area, I know how to work with both stick and mig. I don't want to put too many miles on it until I get it welded solid. I am literally checking it every time before I drive it.

Vecken

I put it on with an impact wrench with plenty of pressure, I think what happened was the balljoint spun with the nut and did not actually torque down properly. I used a tire iron on wheel nut and I had to hold it with a pair of vice grips. its still holding so I guess we will see when I start hooning on it this winter.

Latest posts

Back