wheel stud replacement?

fujative06

any one know what you have to do to replace a wheel stud my back wheel was tightened down to much and when we tried to take off the nut the whole thing was stripped no clue how it happend but im pretty much screwed unless someone can let me know what i need to do it sucks just had to replace the whole drivers side caliper and rotor so im pretty short on cash anyone got an idea ???

C

chris

default_wink.png
OMG What did you do!?!?!

If the nut doesn't come off you'll need a gun to get it off or the hot wrench(torches).

Once the tire is off you can beat the stud out with a BFH, run to Napa and get a new wheel stud and 3 new wheel nuts. <----tell them you want acorn style that will fit your Scoob.

Now slide the new stud in from behind and use a new nut to pull the new stud into the hub. You might need a few washers inbetween the nut and the hub just to take up space so you're not trying to tighten the nut onto a threadless portion of the stud. Now once that stub is snug in the hub, take the nut off and throw it away. Use one of the new nuts for that stud and the last new nut for any other questionable stud, I know you have one, or two, or three.

Latest posts

Back