Wife car totaled, need to find a new-er reliable car asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo69

Hey guys, 

Well this past Friday, my wife got pushed off the road into a ditch/field of Rte 27 in Pittston because 2 idiots in front of her suddenly braked and the only way to go to avoid the car immediately ahead of her (who halted on the side lane) was the ditch/field. 

Wife was shaken up, but no airbag deployed or anything. Lower front end was smashed in quite a bit, and bumper slightly out of place, but that was all that was visible. Wife told me she "flew" in the field and the gradient between the road and field was pretty steep. Car was smoking (probably cracked radiator) but she was able to drive it to CW repair which was right close to where she was. 

Insurance just called us to tell us that the car was totaled and worth $6k. It's an 08 malibu. I guess the frame must have been bent because from the outside, I don't understand how they called it totaled?! 

Sooo... we are looking into affordable, safe, and not too old (because it's the wife's car and she needs reliable and safe) cars in the next week. Budget is likely between 6k and 9k tops. 

If you know of someone who may be selling something along those description, don't hesitate to pm or message me or send a link. 

We are probably looking for something along the lines of non-turbo, legacy outback, 2004 gen or 2006-2009 gen's.

MUST be ready to go, inspected and registered would be better. NO project, or mechanically unsound car please.  

So, IF your grandma's selling an outback or similar, let me know! Cash on hand.

thanks for reading! 

Last edited by a moderator:

HR radness

His royal radness
Glad she is ok. You need a safe subie for her next car. I'm selling my forester xt. Call or text for more info, preferably a phone call.

352 six nine seven 2837

-Rad

jojo69

Outbacks, foresters, NON-turbo for peace of mind and mpg would be great. 

Road/winter ready would also be nice. 

Anyone? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Elfie

Potential - 

My dad owns North Corner Automotive and he has a 2003 Subaru Legacy gt limited sedan with 103k. It is fully restored and has a fully re-conditioned engine. All new gaskets, timing belt, pulleys, water pump, etc. It also has brand new brakes, tires, struts, bushings, links, alignment, exhaust, and the engine work plus fully tuned and fluids serviced. Only problem - he is still finishing up the car, but he is hoping to have it done by Friday. He said it would be in your price range.

You can give them a call tomorrow, if you would like. They are open from 8-5.

(207)829-6342

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back