Fender Flares/Roll'n

stainless

Any one mod'ed thier fenders. flared/cut/rolled?

I was Thinking of rolling the inside lib of the rear fenderlip on my OBS(itis a little rusty anyways so i will attack with a wire brush soon) I know that you cannot comp in stock solo II class if you roll or cut fenders...
default_tongue.png
bummer.

Mr Mike

I have done them on a Golf once, flaired them out. Some one makes a tool that actually bolts to your hub, you use it to flair the fenders. it works great, no gastly dents like there would be if you hammered them out.

mikey

HR radness

His royal radness
Oh the humanity!! please dude dont roll yer fenders, spend the $$ on suspension/performance.....

and why aren't you rallycrossing that OBS?. Pavement is not in your destiny with that car.

C

chris

Rennen Performance ( next door to F1 Dyno) has the tool, or can get the tool to use for rollin fender lips. Expect to repaint afterwards because paint doesn't like to bend.

Mr Mike

Chris has a good point about the paint thing. you have to take a really good look at the inner fender and attatching the inner well back on too, you may need to modify some things so it all comes together.... but that's all part of being custom, right

M

prez25rs

or go the ghetto way with a baseball bat. my friend did it on his teg, looked fine. i'm probly gonna try to heat the paint up so it doesn't chip when i do it. but i gotsta to it cuz i rub when theres people in the backseat and i haven't even dropped it yet

Evan

yeah i've heard a hairdrier or heatgun is a good idea for the paint so that it bends more easily.

08WRXME

Not to hijack the thread, but i need to roll the little lip on my back fenders because it is rubbing on my summer setup. I am kinda scared to do it myself, being a brand new car, and was wondering where I could get it done, and for how much?

Nate

Founding Father
what size tire are you running??? and whats the offset of the wheels?

i have 18's and my cars lowered and i dont rub one bit. the tires are close to NO wheels gap in the back.

08WRXME

what size tire are you running??? and whats the offset of the wheels?
i have 18's and my cars lowered and i dont rub one bit. the tires are close to NO wheels gap in the back.
well I know 18s and I believe either 7.5 or 8 wide. don't know the offset. only one side rubs, and just barely. The folded over lip is shaving the sidewall of the tire and only at full droop. the other side doesn't hit. The dealership looked at it and said it was all fine, i just must be on the high side of the tolerance for the suspension parts. that, with the wider wheel, is causing the contact.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Not to hijack the thread, but i need to roll the little lip on my back fenders because it is rubbing on my summer setup. I am kinda scared to do it myself, being a brand new car, and was wondering where I could get it done, and for how much?
haha dude your hijacking a thread from 2005.
default_eek.gif
I dont think your interupting if its 4 years old.

08WRXME

haha dude your hijacking a thread from 2005.
default_eek.gif
I dont think your interupting if its 4 years old.

default_biggrin.png
didn't even look at the date, just did a word search... Oh well. What i really need is to graft on some STi quarters and front fenders...

Nate

Founding Father
you may wanna look how the fender wells are sitting on the lip you wanna roll before you go rolling them. if you fold it under, you may end up not being able to have the fenderwells. some cars use that to hold the fenderwell up. maybe be able to just take a cutting disk and angle grinder and cut the lip in half also... narrowing it might reduce you from contacting.

i just dont see how this is still possible at all. and only on one side... unless the offset is way off.

you never said tire size....

maybe you just need to drop that pig, and then re-align with a small amount of camber in the rear.

08WRXME

you may wanna look how the fender wells are sitting on the lip you wanna roll before you go rolling them. if you fold it under, you may end up not being able to have the fenderwells. some cars use that to hold the fenderwell up. maybe be able to just take a cutting disk and angle grinder and cut the lip in half also... narrowing it might reduce you from contacting.
i just dont see how this is still possible at all. and only on one side... unless the offset is way off.

you never said tire size....

maybe you just need to drop that pig, and then re-align with a small amount of camber in the rear.

Yea I am not 100% on the tire size. I wanna say 225 40 or 45 R 18

Also, the subaru mechanic said thier is only toe adjustment in the rear, no camber. I feel like that is a load of crap.. anyone know?

I was thinking about cutting, but I just feel like I might mess it up more that way, or leave a sharp edge.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Hey Joe as long as your offset is not too much than maybe you need a better set of springs that don`t bounce as much or a heavier rear sway if they hit while you are cornering. Anyway a good excuse to upgrade with some of the money you will be getting
default_eek.gif

Nate

Founding Father
yah i dont think there is any camber unless you have offset bolt. but those are cheap. i think a 225/45 is a hair too big on the tire size. you would wanna run a 40 series. but still. hard to explain the rubbing on only one side. can you see where its rubbing? maybe its possibe to lightly hammer only that area up a slight bit. might be suprised what moving that a little bit would do.

Latest posts

Back