08 Rex on cover of new Sport Compact Cah

Rightseat

Pretty good story in new SCC about 08 Rex intro. Hey, there's even a silver one sideways on the cover. Their photogs are much better at making car look good than the lame pics SOA leaked out there.

Sedan is BIG, flared fendas given way to big rounded look. Sedan is BIG--more on scale of Leggy now. it's like 8" longer and 3" wider than outgoing sedan.

Runnah

Big and bulky seems to be the norm these days for most new cars. I heard the reason is due to new pedestrian safety laws that dictates the there should be something like 6 inches between the hood and the top of the engine.

The plastic bits are due to increase aluminum prices. Although that seems like a bad area to save costs on IMO. Perhaps Subaru is trying to curb the whole "Tuner" scene associated with wrxs.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Car and Driver has a write-up also. It's bigger but 50lbs lighter. I don't like big cars, being a big burly guy like I am, so I'm anxious to see it. I know the Leggy GT's pull like crazy down low, so I expect a smaller, lighter car to do even better. But, so far in pictures, this is the first generation I prefer the looks of the 5dr to the sedan.

Rightseat

Perhaps Subaru is trying to curb the whole "Tuner" scene associated with wrxs.
Yeh, I heard that a squad of Suby goons is running around, paying midnite visits to ppl who operate suby webistes with the word "tuner" in their domain name. >
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back